A part of Jewel

T-san
Carlos, I have a question.

If I want to reuse a part of View States, actually View States with includeIn panel, what should I do?

Compiling only ViewStatesIncludeIn.mxml does show the output on the browser.

Appreciate your advice.
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: A part of Jewel

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Takeshita,

I did this tutorial [1] for View States some months ago.

IS that of help for you? If not let me know more about the problem you have. It's not clear to me what's your problem.

El vie., 13 dic. 2019 a las 2:58, Takeshita Shoichiro (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Carlos, I have a question.

If I want to reuse a part of View States, actually View States with includeIn panel, what should I do?

Compiling only ViewStatesIncludeIn.mxml does show the output on the browser.

Appreciate your advice.
--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: A part of Jewel

T-san
Carlos, thanks a lot.

There might be spam environment problem at my office.  No output in the browser.  I will retry at home.

Just confirmation.  I used the same asconfig.json for tourdejewel.  Is it ok?

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: A part of Jewel

T-san
Carlos, I could see the output with maven clean install on Mac.

But, VS Code compilation against it (project is copied to the different directory) does not create the output to be shown on the browser (Windows 10 Chrome).

I will examine the problem tomorrow.

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 8:27 PM Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: A part of Jewel

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Takehita,

thanks for looking into it. As expected, maven is set up but the rest of build system are not. if you want to fix it and submit PR would be great :)

Best

Carlos

El vie., 13 dic. 2019 a las 14:18, Takeshita Shoichiro (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

Carlos, the current asconfig.json is fine.  One note is that we need to use  "targets": ["JSRoyale"], for JS only build.
It seems I made some mistakes when creating a project BE0008 project in VS Code. This morning I tried again and things worked well.
By the way, would you please advise me on how to display this Login panel at the center of the screen in Jewel?

And does Jewel support skin class?

Please also check the following links in your HTML document do not work.

On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 12:17 AM Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: A part of Jewel

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Takeshita,

El dom., 15 dic. 2019 a las 3:17, Takeshita Shoichiro (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Carlos, the current asconfig.json is fine.  One note is that we need to use  "targets": ["JSRoyale"], for JS only build.
It seems I made some mistakes when creating a project BE0008 project in VS Code. This morning I tried again and things worked well.

Thanks I committed the fix :)

By the way, would you please advise me on how to display this Login panel at the center of the screen in Jewel?

In the example just add a <j:VerticalCenteredLayout />  to he View beads. That's all.

And does Jewel support skin class?

Not for now. Skin support will depend on plans on Spark emulation. Maybe @Alex, could give more light on the plans in SparkRoyale.
In the other hand, I must admit I was a big user of skins in Flex 4, but in Royale since CSS seems to me more powerful that what we had in Flex times, it don't miss that feature.

Please also check the following links in your HTML document do not work.

Thanks for letting me know, I fixed in pre site. I'll try to publish changes soon

Thanks!

Carlos

[...]

I cloud center the login panel.

This is just my preference. When showing the login panel, I would not see the preset data. And after pressing LOGOUT button, I’d like to clear the input. How can we clear the input?

As to skin class replacement by CSS is also fine.  Can I see such an example?

2019年12月16日(月) 2:23 Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: A part of Jewel

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Takeshita,

to clean the input is something you can do in a number of ways:
  • You can just clear textinputs after navigate to the next screen, so when you come back for whatever reason is clean
  • You can send an Event when perform the LOGOUT to make the textinputs be cleared
This depends more on the structure of your app. Take into account that the example is just a very simple view state example on how that works.

About skinning with CSS. I mean that really there's no a SKIN concept like in Flex 4, since in HTML we can just rely on CSS. So you can create custom CSS in you APP to add up to some concrete style in Jewel, or just override it completely. You have available all HTML infrastructure using "lclassName" or "style" (to go directly to low level html styling). That kind of things can be ok for few changes you want. If you need to create your own Theme (override all component styles or most of them), you can create your own JewelTheme. Copying the project and changing to your needs. I use in JewelTheme SASS since it give us structure and organization in files. SASS is for CSS like AS3/MXML for Javascript. A way to code it in a better and easy way and left the SASS compiler to minimize the output. You have SASS compilation only in Maven build for free. More info in Royale Docs in [1] & [2]

El lun., 16 dic. 2019 a las 2:35, Takeshita Shoichiro (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

Carlos, thanks for your explanation.  I will study SASS.

As to VS Code compilation, I cannot get the same output as the one using mvn.  I do not know how to specify three themes in asconfig.json, which would be the root cause.
In the meantime, I need to use mvn.

By the way, I'd like to know the current status of the following page.

Thanks.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 5:47 PM Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: A part of Jewel

Andrew Wetmore
  About the Jewel themes page, I see it at https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/component-sets/jewel/jewel-themes.html

There was an error in the permalink for the page, and I have fixed it. The fix should be available soon.

Andrew

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 8:23 AM Takeshita Shoichiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Andrew,

I reverted that commit since the I changed weeks ago all links to match the same pattern, i.e:  /jewel/themes or /jewe/button and be only permalinks
I fixed all blog examples tutorials today in pre site (still not published to production) since links to royale docs wasn't working due to that issue and due to the migration to use only permalinks.
Sorry, I didn't mention this one here, so you can't know about it.

El lun., 16 dic. 2019 a las 13:39, Andrew Wetmore (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

I updated the website with all fixes and changes. You know can navigate it with no broken links and code in examples should match now the code in project examples.

Please report if you find something more.

El lun., 16 dic. 2019 a las 13:54, Andrew Wetmore (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

I’ve confirmed that links are working.