[ANNOUNCE] Apache Royale 0.9.6 released!

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Royale 0.9.6 released!

Piotr Zarzycki
The Apache Royale community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Royale 0.9.6.

The Apache Royale project is the next generation of the Apache Flex SDK. It lets developers use MXML and ActionScript 3 to generate HTML/JS/CSS applications which can run natively in browsers. The cross-compiled code can also run on platforms like Electron or Apache Cordova (Adobe PhoneGap) to build mobile applications.

This release should be considered ‘beta’ quality, although we’re very close to a 1.0 release and we have many applications in production at this point. The purpose of this release is to continue to gather feedback about Royale’s features and the project’s implementation strategies, and to recruit new contributors. We hope to grow the code base into an SDK and tool chain that delivers the highest productivity when developing applications that can run on many platforms. Beta releases, however, may not handle all production needs.

Changes in 0.9.6:

Apache Royale Framework 0.9.6: https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/apache-royale-0.9.6/RELEASE_NOTES.md
Apache Royale Compiler 0.9.6: https://github.com/apache/royale-compiler/blob/apache-royale-0.9.6/RELEASE_NOTES.md

Please file bugs at:

    https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/issues

If you happen to know it is a compiler issue, please use:

    https://github.com/apache/royale-compiler/issues

For questions about how to use Royale, send email to [hidden email]. For questions and feedback on the development of the source code in the release, send email to [hidden email].

Apache Royale is available in source and binary form from the Apache mirrors:

Source:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.6/apache-royale-0.9.6-src.tar.gz

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.6/apache-royale-0.9.6-src.zip

Binary:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.6/binaries/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js.tar.gz
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.6/binaries/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js.zip

Binary with SWF support:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.6/binaries/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js-swf.tar.gz
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.6/binaries/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js-swf.zip

When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the downloads using signatures or MD5 hashes.

The binary packages can also be installed via NPM.

Mac:
  sudo npm install @apache-royale/royale-js -g

Or for SWF Support:
  sudo npm install @apache-royale/royale-js-swf -g

Windows:
  npm install @apache-royale/royale-js -g

Or for SWF Support:
  npm install @apache-royale/royale-js-swf -g

See the README for more information. The language reference (ASDoc) is here: http://royale.apache.org/asdoc/

Additional documentation is here: https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/

The documentation is still a work in progress. Volunteers are welcome to help improve it. Visit http://royale.apache.org/ for links to other resources.

Please try Royale and become involved in shaping the future of application development.

The Apache Royale Community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Royale 0.9.6 released!

Carlos Rovira-2
Congratulations to all people involved in this release. It was huge and very challenging one!

We are more close to an official 1.0! :D

El mié., 9 oct. 2019 a las 9:38, Piotr Zarzycki (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

radu
Congrats,

   Push out the 1.0 as soon as possible please.

Thank you,
Radu

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:06 AM Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Congrats. Piotr and to hole team.

Alıntı Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
> downloads using signatures or MD5 hashes.
>
> The binary packages can also be installed via NPM.
>
> Mac:
>   sudo npm install @apache-royale/royale-js -g
>
> Or for SWF Support:
>   sudo npm install @apache-royale/royale-js-swf -g
>
> Windows:
>   npm install @apache-royale/royale-js -g
>
> Or for SWF Support:
>   npm install @apache-royale/royale-js-swf -g
>
> See the README for more information. The language reference (ASDoc) is
> here: http://royale.apache.org/asdoc/
>
> Additional documentation is here: https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/
>
> The documentation is still a work in progress. Volunteers are welcome to
> help improve it. Visit http://royale.apache.org/ for links to other
> resources.
>
> Please try Royale and become involved in shaping the future of application

Mobil : +90 532 250 07 71
Likya Bilgi Teknolojileri
ve İletişim Hiz. Ltd. Şti.
www.likyateknoloji.com

--------------------------------------
Bu elektronik posta ve onunla iletilen bütün dosyalar gizlidir. Sadece
yukarıda isimleri belirtilen kişiler arasında özel haberleşme amacını
taşımaktadır. Size yanlışlıkla ulaşmışsa bu elektonik postanın
içeriğini açıklamanız, kopyalamanız, yönlendirmeniz ve kullanmanız
kesinlikle yasaktır. Lütfen mesajı geri gönderiniz ve sisteminizden
siliniz. Likya Bilgi Teknolojileri ve İletişim Hiz. Ltd. Şti. bu
mesajın içeriği ile ilgili olarak hiç bir hukuksal sorumluluğu kabul
etmez.

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are intended
for the private use of  the persons named above. If you received this
message in error, forwarding, copying or use of any of the information
is strictly prohibited. Please immediately notify the sender and
delete it from your system. Likya Bilgi Teknolojileri ve İletişim Hiz.
Ltd. Şti. does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.
--------------------------------------

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Royale 0.9.6 released!

Hi Radu,

0.9.6 is almost 1.0 quality, but we still need to continue working on things like docs.
With the new improved release process we should be more agile so it's possible that we can reach 1.0 before end of this year (just talking from my own).
At this point you or any other user shouldn't be slowed down by the number of the version. Instead I encourage you to start using it for production (if you are not doing it yet), and collaborating and contributing in this list and in the project as much as possible.

This project is for all of us, so don't miss the opportunity to contribute what you can.

Thanks! :)

El mié., 9 oct. 2019 a las 10:21, radu birsan (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

T-san
Hi,

The build error occurs claiming that no xxx.swc files exist in royale-asjs/frameworks/libs/.

In case of royale-js-swf, the corresponding directory contains required swc files.

Would you please check whether this is a feature or a packing problem?

Thanks.

> Executing task in folder Test Royale: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -jar /Users/taksho/.vscode/extensions/bowlerhatllc.vscode-nextgenas-0.23.0/bin/asconfigc.jar --sdk /Users/taksho/royale/royale-asjs --debug=true --project /Users/taksho/Test Royale/asconfig.json <

MXMLJSC
+royalelib=/Users/taksho/royale/royale-asjs/frameworks
--debug=true
--source-map=true
--targets=JSRoyale
--theme=${royalelib}/themes/JewelTheme/src/main/resources/defaults.css
--source-path+=src
--
src/Main.mxml
/Users/taksho/royale/royale-asjs/frameworks/royale-config.xml(129): col: 0 エラー : '/Users/taksho/royale/royale-asjs/frameworks/libs/Basic.swc' を開くことができません。

      </library-path>

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Royale 0.9.6 released!

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Takeshita,

Yes we know about that issue. You can do workaround for now provided here [1]

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Royale 0.9.6 released!

T-san
Piotr, thanks.  It worked.

😃By the way, this problem was reported by me long before.