[ANNOUNCE] Apache Royale 0.9.7 Released

yishayw

The Apache Royale community is pleased to announce the release of Apache

Royale 0.9.7.

The Apache Royale project is the next generation of the Apache Flex SDK. It

lets developers use MXML and ActionScript 3 to generate HTML/JS/CSS

applications which can run natively in browsers. The cross-compiled code

can also run on platforms like Electron or Apache Cordova (Adobe PhoneGap)

to build mobile applications.

This release should be considered ‘beta’ quality, although we’re very close

to a 1.0 release and we have many applications in production at this point.

The purpose of this release is to continue to gather feedback about

Royale’s features and the project’s implementation strategies, and to

recruit new contributors. We hope to grow the code base into an SDK and

tool chain that delivers the highest productivity when developing

applications that can run on many platforms. Beta releases, however, may

not handle all production needs.

Changes in 0.9.7:

Apache Royale Framework 0.9.7:

https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/apache-royale-0.9.7/RELEASE_NOTES.md

Apache Royale Compiler 0.9.7:

https://github.com/apache/royale-compiler/blob/apache-royale-0.9.7/RELEASE_NOTES.md

Specific additional details identified after the release was built may be found here:<

https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/Release-Notes-0.9.7

Please file bugs at:

    https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/issues

If you know it is a compiler issue, please use:

    https://github.com/apache/royale-compiler/issues

For questions about how to use Royale, send email to [hidden email].

For questions and feedback on the development of the source code in the

release, send email to [hidden email].

Apache Royale is available in source and binary form from the Apache

mirrors:

Source:

https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.7/apache-royale-0.9.7-src.tar.gz

https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.7/apache-royale-0.9.7-src.zip

Binary:

https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.7/binaries/apache-royale-0.9.7-bin-js.tar.gz

https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.7/binaries/apache-royale-0.9.7-bin-js.zip

Binary with SWF support:

https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.7/binaries/apache-royale-0.9.7-bin-js-swf.tar.gz

https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.7/binaries/apache-royale-0.9.7-bin-js-swf.zip

When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the

downloads using signatures or MD5 hashes.

You can also install the binary packages via NPM.

Mac:

  `sudo npm install @apache-royale/royale-js -g`

Or for SWF support:

  `sudo npm install @apache-royale/royale-js-swf -g`

Windows:

  `npm install @apache-royale/royale-js -g`

Or for SWF support:

  `npm install @apache-royale/royale-js-swf -g`

## More information

* See the README for more information about this release.

* The language reference (ASDoc) is

here: [https://royale.apache.org/asdoc/](https://royale.apache.org/asdoc/)

* Additional documentation is here: [https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/](https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/). The documentation is still a work in progress. Volunteers are welcome to

help improve it.

* Visit [https://royale.apache.org/](https://royale.apache.org/) for links to other

resources, including code examples and how-to articles.

Please try Apache Royale and become involved in shaping the future of application

development.

The Apache Royale Community