Apache Royale Debugging news

just let you know that debugging with source maps are working thanks to Josh Tynjala compiler fixes done yesterday.

Here's a link of the tweet about it with animated gif showing how debugging is working both in #MXML and #AS3

Enjoy!

Re: Apache Royale Debugging news

It won't work with Royale until we release it yes ? What you did in order to make it work ?

Piotr

czw., 25 paź 2018 o 12:38 Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
Hi,

just let you know that debugging with source maps are working thanks to Josh Tynjala compiler fixes done yesterday.

Here's a link of the tweet about it with animated gif showing how debugging is working both in #MXML and #AS3

Enjoy!

Re: Apache Royale Debugging news

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Piotr,

Josh worked on fixing the issues. Until now we was able to debug AS3, but MXML had some issues. Josh worked to fix those :)
As you said, to get this fix people must use nightly build or build directly from develop.

Thanks

El jue., 25 oct. 2018 a las 12:42, Piotr Zarzycki (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi Carlos,

It won't work with Royale until we release it yes ? What you did in order to make it work ?

Piotr

czw., 25 paź 2018 o 12:38 Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
Hi,

just let you know that debugging with source maps are working thanks to Josh Tynjala compiler fixes done yesterday.

Here's a link of the tweet about it with animated gif showing how debugging is working both in #MXML and #AS3

Enjoy!

Re: Apache Royale Debugging news

hferreira
How to add that cool debug toolbar to VS Code solution ?
Currently I have to do cmd + shift + p (macOS) to do a build-debug and then
I have to open the folder and then open the file on my browser.
I would like to:
1. Add that same toolbar
2. If possible when build, automatically open the index.html on the debug
browser.

Re: Apache Royale Debugging news

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Hugo,

maybe you don't have installed "Debugger for Chrome" by Microsoft? (there's as well "Debugger for Firefox" from Holger Beni)
then in debug panel CMD+SHIFT+D you can click in the green button

in your project you need to have in .vscode/launch.json something like this

{
"version": "0.2.0",
"configurations": [
{
"name": "Launch Chrome against debug, with sourcemaps",
"type": "chrome",
"request": "launch",
// "file": "${workspaceRoot}/target/javascript/bin/js-debug/index.html",
"sourceMaps": true,
"webRoot": "${workspaceRoot}/../../../webapp/src/main/webapp"
//, "preLaunchTask": "mvn"
}
]
}

More things and many useful info here in AS3 extension in GitHub: