ArrayCollection

dslotemaker
Hi All,

I did a search on the new group but only came up with suggestions as to what I have already.

In the Flex app I am (semi) porting I have a constants file (and others) that have vars pf type ArrayCollection declared.

During the initialize event in my main Royal app I am calling:

registerClassAlias("flex.messaging.io.ArrayCollection", ArrayList);

 I have

    <js:ClassAliasBead />

declared in the J beads in the main app.

But I am getting:

 68 Error: Call to a possibly undefined method ArrayCollection for the constants.as file.

Do I need to register that alias in each file? Can I even use Array Collection in .as files or do I need to replace them with ArrayList?

Cheers.

David

RE: ArrayCollection

hiedra
Hello david,
You have to use ArrayList

Hiedra

David

Re: ArrayCollection

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi David,
if you use Jewel UI set you need to use ArrayList instead of ArrayCollection, and you need to run the following line at the start of your app: registerClassAlias("flex.messaging.io.ArrayCollection", ArrayList);
If you use Emulation (MXRoyale) you can stick with ArrayCollection, and you don't needed that line.

HTH

El lun, 8 feb 2021 a las 9:27, Maria Jose Esteve (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hello david,
You have to use ArrayList

Hiedra

I did a search on the new group but only came up with suggestions as to what I have already.

In the Flex app I am (semi) porting I have a constants file (and others) that have vars pf type ArrayCollection declared.

During the initialize event in my main Royal app I am calling:

registerClassAlias("flex.messaging.io.ArrayCollection", ArrayList);

 I have

    <js:ClassAliasBead />

declared in the J beads in the main app.

But I am getting:

 68 Error: Call to a possibly undefined method ArrayCollection for the constants.as file.

Do I need to register that alias in each file? Can I even use Array Collection in .as files or do I need to replace them with ArrayList?

Cheers.

David

Apache Member & Apache Royale PMC
Apache Software Foundation

Re: ArrayCollection

dslotemaker
Great OK.

Will go with Jewel UI  and do some "Find Replace" thank you both for your help.

David

--

David Slotemaker de Bruïne
Head of Educational Robotics