Assistance Needed: DataContainer alignments

Assistance Needed: DataContainer alignments

Brian Raymes

Hello all,

How does one manipulate the padding, margins and gaps of a DataContainer with the HorizontalFlowLayout?

I would like to be able to use the DataContainer with flow layout without the inherited margin (green). Honestly, I’m a bit confused as to why it exists in the first place for all rows but the first.

It would also be interesting to be able to provide a vertical gap (yellow). I am currently doing this with my item renderers, but think it could be useful without? Thoughts?

Thank you,

Brian

RE: Assistance Needed: DataContainer alignments

Brian Raymes

No longer need assistance.

While I still do not understand why the gap is at the beginning of subsequent lines, setting the gap to zero and controlling padding with the item renderers solves my issue.

Thank you,

Brian

Brian

Re: Assistance Needed: DataContainer alignments

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Brian,

sorry to reach you so late. I think jewel flow layouts are unfinished. I must to go over it. Thanks to your feedback, I'll take that into consideration when improving tha layouts. I was not thinking in providing gap between rows, but I think it will be needed. For now, cool that you can workaround until I can take a look. As well if you want, you can check this yourself and submit a patch to fix. There's a Basic flow layout that could serve as a base (I didn't check how that is working), even you can try to use that one, but I don't know if that will cause some issues.

I think I can needed soon for a client's widget where could need a tag cloud and this could be useful, but can't ensure at this point.

Thanks!