Beads

hferreira
Royale <js:beads> is the equivalent for <s:layout> in Flex/Spark ?

Re: Beads

Carlos Rovira-2
No.

the strand/beads concept is one of the key concepts in Royale. Is composition over inheritance and PAYG (pay as you go).
so each component is a strand and has an array of beads.
Some beads are configured in CSS
You can add more beads in mxml or via AS3
in that way you have the code more modular and distributed and you avoid monolithic classes like UIComponent (15k lines)
so in royale we pursupue the user "pay as you go" so if you need some piece , you can compose.
For example textinput does not have password cloaking functionality you can add that though a password bead, the same for enabled/disabled that is another bead
layout is another bead and you can add to the strand in css or through beads array

El sáb., 17 nov. 2018 a las 11:04, hferreira (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Royale <js:beads> is the equivalent for <s:layout> in Flex/Spark ?

Re: Beads

hferreira
OK, I understand now.

For one hand it's better than Flex SDK and other frameworks, because avoids
to load tons of code that I don't need all the time.
For another hand I will end up with final mxml with more code but it's OK.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Re: Beads

Piotr Zarzycki
Hugo,

I think you should take a look close to that [1]. I think it is really important to understand from the very beginning what PAYG actually is.
It saves you a lot of time and makes your eventually contribution to the project on a good quality.

Thanks, Piotr

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018, 12:00 PM hferreira <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK, I understand now.

For one hand it's better than Flex SDK and other frameworks, because avoids
to load tons of code that I don't need all the time.
For another hand I will end up with final mxml with more code but it's OK.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Re: Beads

hferreira
Thank you very much.
Now I understand the Express and Basic and Strands and Beads.

Express ends up to be more what Flex is about but Basic + Strands and Beads
it's the best way to go.