BorderContainer

alina kazi-2

Hi,

Border Container is the major part of our Flex Application. We check all elements in Border Container (accessing the border Container through its id) and Update an actionscript object value on the basis of BorderContainer element values.

Is there any alternate in Apache Royale for BorderContainer?

Thanks,

Alina

Re: BorderContainer

Harbs
We also used BorderContainer for the majority of our components.

UIBase will probably give you the vast majority of what you need.

Have you watched my presentation on migrating Flex apps?

I REALLY recommend you create dummy classes and populate them with the properties that you use from i.e. BorderContainer. Create your BorderContainer dummy and base it off of UIBase or Container or Group (depending on what you want) and add properties and methods to it that compiler errors say you’re missing.

In my app, these were the properties and methods I used from BorderContainer that UIBase was missing:

public var initialized:Boolean;

        public function callLater(func:Function, args:Array=null):void
        {
            if (args)
            {
                func.apply(NaN, args);
            } else
            {
                func();
public var minWidth:Number;
public var minHeight:Number;
public function setFocus():void{}
public var borderStroke:Object;
public var backgroundFill:Object;
public var depth:Number;
public var mouseEnabled:Boolean;
public var cacheAsBitmap:Boolean;
public var mouseEnabledWhereTransparent:Boolean;
public var mouseChildren:Boolean;
public var mouseY:Number;
public var mouseX:Number;

These all had very simple replacements or were not necessary in Royale.