Button(s) and variations.

123

Button(s) and variations.

I see that there are several buttons, js, svg and now j. I was using mx
and s ones previously.

I am not sure which one fits best, need advice.

Second one, is there any equivalent of Form and FormItem structure ?

It is takin time tp make the examples work on moonshine and check for
the needed component if exist and then learn :)

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Serkan.

Re: Button(s) and variations.

Alex Harui-2
Hi Serkan,

You are correct that are several buttons.  Basic Button just creates a
simple HTML <button>.  There are limits to how nice you can make it look.
Other buttons try to make nicer looking buttons that you can control more
aspects of the visuals.

We are in the process of creating even more buttons that emulate the most
popular APIs on MX and Spark Button.  It might be better for you to help
us create and polish these emulations.  Then you may not have to change
your code as much.

On 4/6/18, 1:05 PM, "Serkan Taş" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I see that there are several buttons, js, svg and now j. I was using mx
>and s ones previously.
>
>I am not sure which one fits best, need advice.
>
>Second one, is there any equivalent of Form and FormItem structure ?
>
>It is takin time tp make the examples work on moonshine and check for
>the needed component if exist and then learn :)
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Regards,
>
>Serkan.

Re: Button(s) and variations.

I am going to be happy to help you and can try to do something valuable
for the process of emulation creation.

Serkan

07.04.2018 09:20 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:

> Hi Serkan,
>
> You are correct that are several buttons.  Basic Button just creates a
> simple HTML <button>.  There are limits to how nice you can make it look.
> Other buttons try to make nicer looking buttons that you can control more
> aspects of the visuals.
>
> We are in the process of creating even more buttons that emulate the most
> popular APIs on MX and Spark Button.  It might be better for you to help
> us create and polish these emulations.  Then you may not have to change
> your code as much.
>
> HTH,
> -Alex
>
> On 4/6/18, 1:05 PM, "Serkan Taş" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I see that there are several buttons, js, svg and now j. I was using mx
>> and s ones previously.
>>
>> I am not sure which one fits best, need advice.
>>
>> Second one, is there any equivalent of Form and FormItem structure ?
>>
>> It is takin time tp make the examples work on moonshine and check for
>> the needed component if exist and then learn :)
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Serkan.

Re: Button(s) and variations.

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Serkan,

that would be awesome. More hands on emulation will be great to get results sooner.

Thanks! :)

[...]

That would be great.  We need the help.

We have a wiki page about Emulation components here [1].
And one person has been learning how to help in this long thread[2].

[1] has an API list, but it does not take into account your API usage.  If
you want to integrate your list with the current list, that might be
useful.

Let us know if you have other questions or need help getting started.

[1] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/emulation-components
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f05b54c5721a3c96a6ef5f74180461240ab1a3
f764dc9b4f0cb0e33a@%3Cusers.royale.apache.org%3E

On 4/7/18, 4:17 AM, "Serkan Taş" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>I am going to be happy to help you and can try to do something valuable
>for the process of emulation creation.
>
>Serkan
>
>07.04.2018 09:20 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:
>> Hi Serkan,
>>
>> You are correct that are several buttons.  Basic Button just creates a
>> simple HTML <button>.  There are limits to how nice you can make it
>>look.
>> Other buttons try to make nicer looking buttons that you can control
>>more
>> aspects of the visuals.
>>
>> We are in the process of creating even more buttons that emulate the
>>most
>> popular APIs on MX and Spark Button.  It might be better for you to help
>> us create and polish these emulations.  Then you may not have to change
>> your code as much.
>>
>> HTH,
>> -Alex
>>
>> On 4/6/18, 1:05 PM, "Serkan Taş" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I see that there are several buttons, js, svg and now j. I was using mx
>>> and s ones previously.
>>>
>>> I am not sure which one fits best, need advice.
>>>
>>> Second one, is there any equivalent of Form and FormItem structure ?
>>>
>>> It is takin time tp make the examples work on moonshine and check for
>>> the needed component if exist and then learn :)
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Serkan.

Re: Button(s) and variations.

I already started reading on the thread about emulation. First i need to
understand the way through the conversation on emulation.

Next step may be the addition of my API's to the list after working on
some API'S already listed.

Thanks,
Serkan...

07.04.2018 17:51 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:

> Hi Serkan,
>
> That would be great.  We need the help.
>
> We have a wiki page about Emulation components here [1].
> And one person has been learning how to help in this long thread[2].
>
> [1] has an API list, but it does not take into account your API usage.  If
> you want to integrate your list with the current list, that might be
> useful.
>
> Let us know if you have other questions or need help getting started.
>
> Thanks,
> -Alex
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/emulation-components
> [2]
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f05b54c5721a3c96a6ef5f74180461240ab1a3
> f764dc9b4f0cb0e33a@%3Cusers.royale.apache.org%3E
>
> On 4/7/18, 4:17 AM, "Serkan Taş" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> I am going to be happy to help you and can try to do something valuable
>> for the process of emulation creation.
>>
>> Serkan
>>
>> 07.04.2018 09:20 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:
>>> Hi Serkan,
>>>
>>> You are correct that are several buttons.  Basic Button just creates a
>>> simple HTML <button>.  There are limits to how nice you can make it
>>> look.
>>> Other buttons try to make nicer looking buttons that you can control
>>> more
>>> aspects of the visuals.
>>>
>>> We are in the process of creating even more buttons that emulate the
>>> most
>>> popular APIs on MX and Spark Button.  It might be better for you to help
>>> us create and polish these emulations.  Then you may not have to change
>>> your code as much.
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>> -Alex

MXRoyale build problem

Here is the steps and result (i spent some time but could not find a resolution) :

git clone https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs.git

cd royale-asjs

git checkout feature/MXRoyale

mvn celan

Result :

07.04.2018 17:51 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:
Hi Serkan,

That would be great.  We need the help.

We have a wiki page about Emulation components here [1].
And one person has been learning how to help in this long thread[2].

[1] has an API list, but it does not take into account your API usage.  If
you want to integrate your list with the current list, that might be
useful.

Let us know if you have other questions or need help getting started.

[1] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/emulation-components
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f05b54c5721a3c96a6ef5f74180461240ab1a3
[hidden email]

[...]

I updated with wiki page with important info from the mailing list thread.
 I ran out of time so I will do more updates tomorrow around this time.

On 4/7/18, 1:59 PM, "Serkan Taş" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>I already started reading on the thread about emulation. First i need to
>understand the way through the conversation on emulation.
>
>Next step may be the addition of my API's to the list after working on
>some API'S already listed.
>
>Thanks,
>Serkan...
>
>07.04.2018 17:51 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:
>> Hi Serkan,
>>
>> That would be great.  We need the help.
>>
>> We have a wiki page about Emulation components here [1].
>> And one person has been learning how to help in this long thread[2].
>>
>> [1] has an API list, but it does not take into account your API usage.
>>If
>> you want to integrate your list with the current list, that might be
>> useful.
>>
>> Let us know if you have other questions or need help getting started.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Alex
>>
>> [1]
>>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.c
>>om%2Fapache%2Froyale-asjs%2Fwiki%2Femulation-components&data=02%7C01%7Cah
>>arui%40adobe.com%7C59772c177f704b3e3c2308d59cca8da8%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794a
>>ed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636587316173121749&sdata=EjfiIR5UkRiyOjZ%2FH6wBwQ
>>3O93Al0Icz0i64xXW1PVA%3D&reserved=0
>> [2]
>>
>>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.ap
>>ache.org%2Fthread.html%2Ff05b54c5721a3c96a6ef5f74180461240ab1a3&data=02%7
>>C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C59772c177f704b3e3c2308d59cca8da8%7Cfa7b1b5a7b3
>>4438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636587316173121749&sdata=JSU63ci%2FDRXz9N
>>W5sD%2FQu4I%2F4Z%2F%2Fip%2BKYPqVQNTSs24%3D&reserved=0
>> f764dc9b4f0cb0e33a@%3Cusers.royale.apache.org%3E
>>
>> On 4/7/18, 4:17 AM, "Serkan Taş" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Alex,
>>>
>>> I am going to be happy to help you and can try to do something valuable
>>> for the process of emulation creation.
>>>
>>> Serkan

Re: MXRoyale build problem

If you are using Maven, you may need to build the royale-compiler and royale-typedefs repos first.  See the README in each of those repos.  You can also use Ant instead of Maven.

From: Serkan Taş <[hidden email]>
Date: Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 11:41 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: MXRoyale build problem

Hi Alex,

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f05b54c5721a3c96a6ef5f74180461240ab1a3[hidden email]

[...]

Serkan Taş

Here is the ant process;

1.     git clone https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs.git

2.     git checkout feature/MXRoyale

        Folder view :

3.    ant all

        Folder View :

        Fails and the result :
        https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XZNfN8exZ_x_F4bTY5xIfxO328eWHIQ4

Next : i am going to check-out all tree repo manually and then build with ant saperately.

08.04.2018 10:02 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:
If you are using Maven, you may need to build the royale-compiler and royale-typedefs repos first.  See the README in each of those repos.  You can also use Ant instead of Maven.

Re: MXRoyale build problem

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Serkan,

If you go with Maven for all three repositories it should also go smoothly.

Here is the ant process;

1.     git clone https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs.git

2.     git checkout feature/MXRoyale

        Folder view :

3.    ant all

        Folder View :

        Fails and the result :
        https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XZNfN8exZ_x_F4bTY5xIfxO328eWHIQ4

Next : i am going to check-out all tree repo manually and then build with ant saperately.

08.04.2018 10:02 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:
If you are using Maven, you may need to build the royale-compiler and royale-typedefs repos first.  See the README in each of those repos.  You can also use Ant instead of Maven.

Re: MXRoyale build problem

Here is the last result :

1.     git clone https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs.git

2.    cd royale-asjs

3.     git checkout feature/MXRoyale

4.    ant all : failed; details in the mail below

5.    cd ..\royale-typedefs

6.    ant : completed with success

7.    cd ..\royale-asjs

8.    ant main : completed with success

9.    ant frameworks : completed with success

10.    cd D:\dev\git\emulation_works\royale-asjs\frameworks\projects\MXRoyale

11.    ant : completed with success

If it is ok, i can move on with this.

Piotr, i just saw your mail, do you want me to move with maven ?

1.     git clone https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs.git

2.     git checkout feature/MXRoyale

        Folder view :

3.    ant all

        Folder View :

        Fails and the result :
        https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XZNfN8exZ_x_F4bTY5xIfxO328eWHIQ4

Next : i am going to check-out all tree repo manually and then build with ant saperately.

08.04.2018 10:02 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:
If you are using Maven, you may need to build the royale-compiler and royale-typedefs repos first.  See the README in each of those repos.  You can also use Ant instead of Maven.

Re: MXRoyale build problem

Piotr Zarzycki
Serkan,

It depends where you will feel comfortable. Maven scripts are quite clean and self explanatory. With ANT it does not so obvious. However you probably won't change anything in scripts.

If ANT worked for you go with ANT. Going with Maven you will be able to rebuild one module and test it. With ANT it is probably also possible.

Here is the last result :

[...]

I prefer mvn Piotr,

I first compiled the typedefs and compiler successfuly as Alex  informed but i got the same error as earlier.

and here is the report :

cd royale-typedefs

mvn clean   : success
mvn install : success

(due to the bug in code generator - related to locale dependent capitalizing u-case i to İ - I had to change the jvm params)

cd royale-compiler

mvn clean -Djvm.options="-Duser.country=EN -Duser.language=en" : success

mvn install -Djvm.options="-Duser.country=EN -Duser.language=en"

[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] Apache Royale: Compiler: Parent 0.9.3-SNAPSHOT ..... SUCCESS [  4.600 s]
[INFO] Apache Royale: Compiler: Compiler-Common ........... SUCCESS [  6.545 s]
[INFO] Apache Royale: Compiler: Test Utils ................ SUCCESS [  1.344 s]
[INFO] Apache Royale: Compiler: Externc ................... SUCCESS [ 16.432 s]
[INFO] Apache Royale: Compiler: Compiler .................. SUCCESS [02:26 min]
[INFO] Apache Royale: Compiler: Compiler-JX ............... FAILURE [ 49.945 s]
[INFO] Apache Royale: Compiler: SWFUtils .................. SKIPPED
[INFO] Apache Royale: Compiler: Debugger .................. SKIPPED
[INFO] Apache Royale: Compiler: OEM Layer ................. SKIPPED
[INFO] Apache Royale: Royale Ant Tasks .................... SKIPPED
[INFO] Apache Royale: Royale Maven Plugin 0.9.3-SNAPSHOT .. SKIPPED
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 03:46 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2018-04-08T14:56:46+03:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.19:test (default-test) on project compiler-jx: There are test failures.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Please refer to D:\dev\git\emulation_works\royale-compiler\compiler-jx\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :compiler-jx

I added params to skip tests

mvn -DskipTests -Drat.skip=true clean -Djvm.options="-Duser.country=EN -Duser.language=en" : success

mvn -DskipTests -Drat.skip=true install -Djvm.options="-Duser.country=EN -Duser.language=en" : success

D:\dev\git\emulation_works>cd royale-asjs

D:\dev\git\emulation_works\royale-asjs>mvn clean

[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.flex.utilities.converter:flex-sdk-converter-maven-extension:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] Failed to read extensions descriptor D:\dev\git\emulation_works\royale-asjs\.mvn\extensions.xml: Plugin org.apache.flex.utilities.converter:flex-sdk-converter-maven-exten
sion:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact org.apache.flex.utilities.converter:flex-sdk-converter-maven-extension:jar:1.0.0-SNAPS
HOT
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.royale.compiler:royale-maven-plugin:jar:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.royale.compiler:compiler-jx:jar:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency information available
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.royale.compiler:royale-maven-plugin:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifact
s could not be resolved: org.apache.royale.compiler:royale-maven-plugin:jar:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT, org.apache.royale.compiler:compiler-jx:jar:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.apache.ro
yale.compiler:royale-maven-plugin:jar:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT in https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reat
tempted until the update interval of apache-plugins-snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced @
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.royale.compiler:royale-maven-plugin:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifact
s could not be resolved: org.apache.royale.compiler:royale-maven-plugin:jar:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT, org.apache.royale.compiler:compiler-jx:jar:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.apache.ro
yale.compiler:royale-maven-plugin:jar:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT in https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reat
tempted until the update interval of apache-plugins-snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced @
[ERROR] Unknown packaging: swc @ line 31, column 14
 @
[ERROR] The build could not read 2 projects -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.royale.framework:projects:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT (D:\dev\git\emulation_works\royale-asjs\frameworks\projects\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.royale.compiler:royale-maven-plugin:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: The following arti
facts could not be resolved: org.apache.royale.compiler:royale-maven-plugin:jar:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT, org.apache.royale.compiler:compiler-jx:jar:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.apach
e.royale.compiler:royale-maven-plugin:jar:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT in https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be
reattempted until the update interval of apache-plugins-snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.royale.framework:BasicTheme:0.9.2-SNAPSHOT (D:\dev\git\emulation_works\royale-asjs\frameworks\themes\Basic\pom.xml) has 2 errors
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginManagerException

08.04.2018 13:56 tarihinde Piotr Zarzycki yazdı:
[...]

Are you sure that you are on the right branch in case of royale-asjs. You have been asked in the stack traces for 0.9.2-SNAPSHOT version. It should be 0.9.3-SNAPSHOT

I think in order to work on emulation you have to be:

royale-compiler - develop branch
royale-typedefs - develop branch
royale-asjs - feature/MXRoyale

Are you using those branches ?

[...]

I think I pulled the important pieces from the thread into the wiki page:

https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/Emulation-Components

I didn't bring in advice on how to create a Pull Request since I've never
gone through it myself.  Someone else is welcome to add more info on that.

On 4/7/18, 11:59 PM, "Alex Harui" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Serkan,
>
>I updated with wiki page with important info from the mailing list thread.
> I ran out of time so I will do more updates tomorrow around this time.
>
>Thanks,
>-Alex
>
>On 4/7/18, 1:59 PM, "Serkan Taş" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Hi Alex,
>>
>>I already started reading on the thread about emulation. First i need to
>>understand the way through the conversation on emulation.
>>
>>Next step may be the addition of my API's to the list after working on
>>some API'S already listed.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Serkan...
>>
>>07.04.2018 17:51 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:
>>> Hi Serkan,
>>>
>>> That would be great.  We need the help.
>>>
>>> We have a wiki page about Emulation components here [1].
>>> And one person has been learning how to help in this long thread[2].
>>>
>>> [1] has an API list, but it does not take into account your API usage.
>>>If
>>> you want to integrate your list with the current list, that might be
>>> useful.
>>>
>>> Let us know if you have other questions or need help getting started.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -Alex
>>>
>>> [1]
>>>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.
>>>om%2Fapache%2Froyale-asjs%2Fwiki%2Femulation-components&data=02%7C01%7Ca
>>>arui%40adobe.com%7C59772c177f704b3e3c2308d59cca8da8%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794
>>>ed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636587316173121749&sdata=EjfiIR5UkRiyOjZ%2FH6wBw
>>>3O93Al0Icz0i64xXW1PVA%3D&reserved=0
>>> [2]
>>>
>>>https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.a
>>>ache.org%2Fthread.html%2Ff05b54c5721a3c96a6ef5f74180461240ab1a3&data=02%
>>>7
>>>C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C59772c177f704b3e3c2308d59cca8da8%7Cfa7b1b5a7b
>>>3
>>>4438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636587316173121749&sdata=JSU63ci%2FDRXz9
>>>W5sD%2FQu4I%2F4Z%2F%2Fip%2BKYPqVQNTSs24%3D&reserved=0
>>> f764dc9b4f0cb0e33a@%3Cusers.royale.apache.org%3E

Am I missing something

John Barrett
I was about do to the FlexJS -> FDT tutorial, but then before I do that I wrote a very
simple HelloWorld, of course this way it is using a .swf file.

With Apache Royal can I just write AS3 (see image) and Apache Royal  will convert everything to javaScript for use on the Web/Phone/Tablet/ etc

Is this it, or am I missing something. I think I am missing something as when I look at the GitHub age there seems to be more to it.

From: Serkan Taş <[hidden email]>
Date: Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 11:41 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Hi Alex,

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 8.35.32 PM.png (911K) Download Attachment

RE: Am I missing something

yishayw

Hi Johnny,

Royale (formerly FlexJS) was inspired by Flex and utilizes some similar patterns. It allows you to write JS applications in AS3 but it’s not a flash->js converter, so flash objects as Sprite are not currently implements. A typical ‘Hello World’ could look like this [1] [2].

Alex wrote a nice tutorial titled Royale in 10 minutes, maybe he can post a link here.

Some of the videos here [3] can also help you get an idea, although they refer to FlexJS.

Hope this helps.

[1] https://github.com/yishayw/Examples/blob/HelloWorld/Examples.mxml

[2] https://royale.apache.org/creating-a-hello-world-in-apache-royale/

[3] https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4EsaSA9xpnnraJX7NzpX6eh_P95RO8Pj

https://tr.cloudmagic.com/h/v6/emailtag/tag/2.0/1523256183/ee6694815bd00e79c24b82ff0eebe983/2/a24022f64eedbcae9c38c3ec35c0c492/2c9ee63f9ca71df55f52790ebfad2d70/197f3edc2dffcc39b242c73e091c47ed/newton.gifI was about do to the FlexJS -> FDT tutorial, but then before I do that I wrote a very
[...]

cid:part4.FE09B00B.18222F61@likyateknoloji.com

3. ant all

Folder View :

cid:part5.E66097EA.6992B0F3@likyateknoloji.com

From: Serkan Taş <[hidden email]>
Date: Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 11:41 PM
To: "
[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Hi Alex,

[...]

Re: Am I missing something

Hi Johnny,

I guess I would add that to my talk. ;-)

You can just write AS3, but you cannot use Flash classes.  You must use Royale classes which abstract away the platform/runtime differences.  Emulating the Flash classes would be too much work, IMO and not match up well in some cases to what the browser can do.  For example there is more emphasis on CSS in Royale and less on drawing skins.

Most of our examples use MXML, because, like Flex, the compiler can bring in lots of support like data binding and CSS.  There is an AS3-only example in examples/royale/DataBindingExample_as.  It might have some bugs in it.  I haven't looked at it in a while.