Can you use CSS to change the style

leokan23
I am evaluating Royale for a very small project and I was wondering if there
is a tutorial or it is even possible to change the overall look of the
components with just CSS.

For example, this is a button css I made for testing:

Can I use this somehow for "skinning" my button?

If there is a tutorial, other than sample code, I would appreciate it.

Re: Can you use CSS to change the style

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Leo,

I think that is absolutely no problem. You can take a look into my example [1] where I'm using additional.css file to draw hex on my website [2]

That css is included in index.html template [3]. During the build you are pointing that template by using compiler option: -html-template=src/resources/mdl-js-index-template.html

Example of usage one of the class from the css file [4].

wt., 21 sie 2018 o 12:22 leokan23 <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
I am evaluating Royale for a very small project and I was wondering if there
is a tutorial or it is even possible to change the overall look of the
components with just CSS.

For example, this is a button css I made for testing:

Can I use this somehow for "skinning" my button?

If there is a tutorial, other than sample code, I would appreciate it.

Re: Can you use CSS to change the style

Hi Leokan

yes you can use CSS to override whatever you want. This is inherent to how HTML/CSS works, so no problem.
Moreover, Royale works processing CSS when compiling, so if you override a rule, then in the output you'll find yours instead the one defined in framework :)
If you're using Jewel, you have many work on themes and you can take for example, JewelTheme, and make your own version, just  copy paste the project and start to change, then compile and provide that theme to your project.
You have as well many other ways to change CSS, inline style in component declaration, add <fx:Style> like in old flex, and add rules to you App external .css file

Carlos

El mar., 21 ago. 2018 a las 12:22, leokan23 (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
I am evaluating Royale for a very small project and I was wondering if there
is a tutorial or it is even possible to change the overall look of the
components with just CSS.

For example, this is a button css I made for testing:

Can I use this somehow for "skinning" my button?

If there is a tutorial, other than sample code, I would appreciate it.

Re: Can you use CSS to change the style

leokan23
Thanks Carlos,

if this is as easy as it is in pure html, it will be awesome for quickly
building tools.

Re: Can you use CSS to change the style

Carlos Rovira-2
Right! My opinion if that Royale brings the best of Flex and the best of HTML/CSS/JS stack. Best of both worlds! ;-)