Charts

hiedra

Hello,

I have to make several Charts (bar and pie) and I was looking at the examples included in the SDK.

I am doing tests, in my Jewel Application implementing crux, with the Basic Chart controls but I have problems with the dataproviders. Before continuing I wanted to ask you a question ... could you use the mx charts?

Thank you

Re: Charts

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Maria,

I don't think that anyone put effort to emulate mx Charts. What's more it will be difficult to mix them with Jewel, due to CSS conflicts - it's probably doable, but I doubt anyone tried.

In our application I didn't even consider using any Charts from Royale -  I went with usage of Apache ECharts [1] - I have finished integrating it with our Jewel app - it's not released yet, but in terms of integration it wasn't too difficult. Maybe this could be your solution.

pon., 27 lip 2020 o 13:12 Maria Jose Esteve <[hidden email]> napisał(a):

Hello,

I have to make several Charts (bar and pie) and I was looking at the examples included in the SDK.

I am doing tests, in my Jewel Application implementing crux, with the Basic Chart controls but I have problems with the dataproviders. Before continuing I wanted to ask you a question ... could you use the mx charts?

Thank you

Re: Charts

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Piotr, Maria,

I think we should have an ECharts library in Royale. In this case, I don't see the point for old Flex charts, and others here (like Chris Dutz) already showed interest in it. What do you think about adding your current library effort to Royale? I think many others here could be interested in contributing to it.

If there's some client restrictions, I think we should plan to add our own.

Thanks!

Carlos

El lun., 27 jul. 2020 a las 15:25, Piotr Zarzycki (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

That's what I imagined :(

I'm going to take a look at ECharts.

Thanks Piort ... I try the same too! :P

Hiedra

RE: Charts

hiedra

Piotr, where should I start? Do you recommend any integration guide?

As I have commented, on some other occasion, I do not have an overview of how we interact with js ...

Hiedra.

Re: Charts

Harbs
https://royale.apache.org/using-external-javascript-libraries-in-apache-royale/

Here’s a reference for other frameworks which integrated into echarts: https://echarts.apache.org/en/download-extension.html#framework

On Jul 27, 2020, at 8:20 PM, Maria Jose Esteve <[hidden email]> wrote:

Piotr, where should I start? Do you recommend any integration guide?
As I have commented, on some other occasion, I do not have an overview of how we interact with js ...

Hiedra.

RE: Charts

hiedra

Hi,

Thanks Harbs.

Yesterday I was looking at Carlos's integration with html2PDF, https://github.com/tomLadder/react-native-echarts-wrapper and some examples from the SDK.

I have implemented an echart class, another echartInstance, but I don't know if it will work as I need… In principle it seems that I can only create one instance of echart per document (at least that's what they advise, of course) and handle each “independent graph ”With the property“ group ”,…

Well, I keep doing tests ... I don't know if I will succeed because I'm going "blind".

I will continue to inform you.

Thx

Hiedra

Re: Charts

Alina Kazi-3
Hi Piotr,

Can you share a simple example with us. For the integration of ECharts with Royale.

Thanks,
Alina Kazi

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 8:31 PM Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Carlos,

[...]

@Piotr, @Carlos, I have the ECharts typedefs in TypeScript, could we create an assembly that we can use directly in Royale?

Could I try to create it?

Hiedra

Re: Charts

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Maria Jose

I think there are some projects out there that allow generate as3 from typescript (one by Josh Tynjala), but I didn't use it so can't say much more. If you can generate an @extern library from that would be great.

El mar, 16 feb 2021 a las 19:58, Maria Jose Esteve (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

Hi,

[...]

Apache Member & Apache Royale PMC
Apache Software Foundation

RE: Charts

hiedra

Hi,

that was my first choice but I didn't find any utility that generates as3 from TypeScript, I've just found the opposite "from as3 to TypeScript" ... I'll look again. If Josh had something and could share it, it would be nice.

Thanks Carlos, I'm still here.

Hiedra

Apache Software Foundation

RE: Charts