Emulation question : mx.controls.Menu and mx.controls.listClasses.ListBase

Emulation question : mx.controls.Menu and mx.controls.listClasses.ListBase

serkan
Hi Alex,

I need the Menu class to be constructed with xml (which has some issues and followed by another thread). I checked the class and I can see that some methods are not complete like show, looks like not emulated yet.

it is extending the class ListBase which is somehow not completely containing the fields required looks like also partially emulated.

Normally I may copy the source from flex and fix the errors step-by step but you have the latest commit on the class I do not want to touch the class because do not know the history.

What is you suggestion ?

Re: Emulation question : mx.controls.Menu and mx.controls.listClasses.ListBase

Alex Harui-2

In theory, the various list classes have moved away from assuming an Array to working with Collections.  Pretty sure MenuBar is handling XML correctly, but it uses Basic Menus underneath.  I expect that similar changes need to be made for mx:Menu.  You might be able to tell from the MenuBar or ComboBox history how things were converted to Collections.

Filing an issue with a simple test case helps folks understand what APIs you are using.

-Alex

What is you suggestion ?