Error in extension -AS3 & MXML for VSCode- after upgrading VSCode to version 1.53.0

Error in extension -AS3 & MXML for VSCode- after upgrading VSCode to version 1.53.0

hiedra

Hi, I just installed the latest VSCode update, and after opening and closing several times the extension " AS3 & MXML for VSCode" has stopped working:

Couldn’t start client ActionScript & MXML Language Server

The ActionScript & MXML extensión failed to start.

Intenal Error.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the extension but nothing has resolved.

Has it happened to someone else?

Thx.

Hiedra.

Re: Error in extension -AS3 & MXML for VSCode- after upgrading VSCode to version 1.53.0

Bilbosax
This post was updated on .
My VS Code updated to 1.53.0 today.  I have been using it all day with no
issues.  Restarted it once and it still seems stable.  You may want to ask about it over on the Starling forumn.  Josh Tynjala made the extension for VS Code I believe, and that is where he hangs out.

RE: Error in extension -AS3 & MXML for VSCode- after upgrading VSCode to version 1.53.0

hiedra
Hi Bilbosax, I'm still the same, with the same error. I'm going to reinstall the vscode to see if it solves. The truth is that I don't understand what happened, he has gone crazy.

Hiedra

My VS Code updated to 1.53.0 today.  I have been using it all day with no issues.  Restarted it once and it still seems stable.

RE: Error in extension -AS3 & MXML for VSCode- after upgrading VSCode to version 1.53.0

hiedra

In case the same thing happens to someone, ...

I have discovered something else ...

Opening the developer tools, in vscode, I see the following errors: [https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qbtut5EYNBPe5e0OmUs89LIEg2k2ON86/view?usp=sharing]

Some messages have been moved to the Issues panel.                         View issues

notificationsAlerts.ts:40 Internal error.

notificationsAlerts.ts:40 The ActionScript & MXML extension failed to start.

notificationsAlerts.ts:40 Couldn't start client ActionScript & MXML Language Server

onDidChangeNotification @            notificationsAlerts.ts:40

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://ticino.blob.core.windows.net/sourcemaps/8490d3d…/node_modules/windows-process-tree/lib/index.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

<< placing me in “View issues”:

Indicate whether to send a cookie in a cross-site request by specifying its SameSite attribute

Because a cookie's SameSite attribute was not set or is invalid, it defaults to SameSite=Lax, which will prevent the cookie from being sent in a cross-site request in a future version of the browser. This behavior protects user data from accidentally leaking to third parties and cross-site request forgery.

Resolve this issue by updating the attributes of the cookie:

Specify SameSite=None and Secure if the cookie should be sent in cross-site requests. This enables third-party use.

Specify SameSite=Strict or SameSite=Lax if the cookie should not be sent in cross-site requests

1 cookie

Name    Domain & Path

VstsSession          .visualstudio.com/

Learn more: SameSite cookies explained

I don't know what could have changed in my system from one minute to the next ... I'm still investigating

Hiedra

Hi Bilbosax, I'm still the same, with the same error. I'm going to reinstall the vscode to see if it solves. The truth is that I don't understand what happened, he has gone crazy.

Hiedra

My VS Code updated to 1.53.0 today.  I have been using it all day with no issues.  Restarted it once and it still seems stable.

Re: Error in extension -AS3 & MXML for VSCode- after upgrading VSCode to version 1.53.0

Carlos Rovira-2
HI,

I upgrade too and I'm not finding any issue. If that helps...

El vie, 5 feb 2021 a las 10:54, Maria Jose Esteve (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

[...]

Apache Member & Apache Royale PMC
Apache Software Foundation

RE: Error in extension -AS3 & MXML for VSCode- after upgrading VSCode to version 1.53.0

hiedra

Hi Carlos. I'm still the same. I have uninstalled all the extensions, I have uninstalled the vscode, I have installed it in another location, I have updated java ... I don't know what happens to me, but I can't work. (I can compile the project with maven without problems, but of course ... it is a mess to work like this)

I've been looking for information in forums all day but nothing works.

I'm going to put an issue in bowlerhatllc to see if someone can help me or give me a clue.

I have the PR of the bead BadgeWithMouseClick ready to send but I wanted to check everything before (I propose an example in the TDJ as well) 😝

Thank you.

Hiedra

Hi Bilbosax, I'm still the same, with the same error. I'm going to reinstall the vscode to see if it solves. The truth is that I don't understand what happened, he has gone crazy.

Hiedra

My VS Code updated to 1.53.0 today.  I have been using it all day with no issues.  Restarted it once and it still seems stable.

Apache Member & Apache Royale PMC

Apache Software Foundation

Hi Bilbosax, I'm still the same, with the same error. I'm going to reinstall the vscode to see if it solves. The truth is that I don't understand what happened, he has gone crazy.

Hiedra

Apache Software Foundation

RE: Error in extension -AS3 & MXML for VSCode- after upgrading VSCode to version 1.53.0

hiedra

Hello, all resolved.

I leave the link to the issue managed in BowlerHatLLC / vscode-as3mxml [1] in case anyone is interested.

In short ... the problem seems to be caused by my compilation of the SDK. There was something on my machine that was causing java to crash.

The solution after 1000 tests a clean local compilation:

- delete my local repositories

- clone them again

- compile

[1] https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/vscode-as3mxml/issues/524

Thanks to all for the help. I hope I can help others in the "not too distant" future 😝

Hiedra.

Hi Bilbosax, I'm still the same, with the same error. I'm going to reinstall the vscode to see if it solves. The truth is that I don't understand what happened, he has gone crazy.

Hiedra

AS3 & MXML for VSCode and Mac M1

Isabelle LOYER

Could you share your experience about Mac M1 with a project compiling
with AS3 & MXML for VSCode.

Best regards

Re: AS3 & MXML for VSCode and Mac M1

Harbs
I got an M1 machine for testing, but I have not yet tried to use VS Code for Royale with it.

I’ll likely have an opportunity to do that sometime in the next week.

Harbs