FW: Application Structure

Alina Kazi

Hi,

I am sharing my ERP Application interface so that you can know my requirement clearly. Approximately I have 100 options similar to the interface shown below.

Thanks,

Alina Kazi

PO SCREENSHOT.png (143K) Download Attachment

Re: Application Structure

Alex Harui-2
Hi Alina,

I think we can help you create this UI.  We don't have MenuBar or HDividedBox today, but we'll find someone to create them.  I think we have everything else.

Do you have good separation of the UI from the business logic?  If we built the UI in shared code, it might happen faster as we could debug the actual UI source.  Then you could map it into your app.

What is your time frame for getting all of this done?

-Alex

From: Alina Kazi <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 12:56 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: FW: Application Structure

Hi,

I am sharing my ERP Application interface so that you can know my requirement clearly. Approximately I have 100 options similar to the interface shown below.

Thanks,

AlinaKazi

Re: Application Structure

Peter Ent
Hi Alina,

I'm going to look into creating some MenuBar and DividedBox controls. I'll keep posting on it.
—peter

From: Alina Kazi <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 12:56 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Hi,

I am sharing my ERP Application interface so that you can know my requirement clearly. Approximately I have 100 options similar to the interface shown below.

Thanks,

AlinaKazi

RE: Application Structure

Alina Kazi

Please see my response embedded in your email in green.

Best Regards,

Alina

I think we can help you create this UI.  We don't have MenuBar or HDividedBox today, but we'll find someone to create them.  I think we have everything else.

Do you have good separation of the UI from the business logic?  If we built the UI in shared code, it might happen faster as we could debug the actual UI source.  Then you could map it into your app.

[Alina] I am sharing actual UI Source(.mxml & .as) files for Purchase Order Document.

What is your time frame for getting all of this done?

[Alina] We have almost 120 Setup, 100 entry programs and around 250 reports. I have been given the target to port this huge erp in six months on test basis. As my other team is  working on making extensive enhancements in the erp, we will need to redo the porting exercise after successful migration to Apache Royale.

-Alex

From: Alina Kazi <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 12:56 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Hi,

I am sharing my ERP Application interface so that you can know my requirement clearly. Approximately I have 100 options similar to the interface shown below.

Thanks,

AlinaKazi

shmPurchaseOrderDetail.mxml (54K) Download Attachment
shmPurchaseOrderDetailVO.as (4K) Download Attachment
shmPurchaseOrderMasterVO.as (2K) Download Attachment
shmPurchaseOrder.mxml (115K) Download Attachment

Re: Application Structure

Alex Harui-2
Hi Alina,

Six months sounds reasonable.  We will do our best to help you make it happen.

Some more questions:
  1. How many MXML files are in the source tree?
  2. Are you using JSON, SOAP, XML or AMF to get the data to/from the server?
  3. Do any of the lists and data grids use variable row height?
  4. Do any of the lists and data grids set editable=true?

From: Alina Kazi <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 9:29 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

From: Alina Kazi <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 12:56 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Hi,

I am sharing my ERP Application interface so that you can know my requirement clearly. Approximately I have 100 options similar to the interface shown below.

Thanks,

AlinaKazi

RE: Application Structure

Alina Kazi

Hi,

  1. How many MXML files are in the source tree?

       There are 1456 .MXML files and 666 .AS files in the source tree.

2.       Are you using JSON, SOAP, XML or AMF to get the data to/from the server?

We are using mostly AMF to get the data to/from the server and JSON for web-services.

  1. Do any of the lists and data grids use variable row height?

Around 865 mx:AdvancedDataGrid using variable row height.

4.       Do any of the lists and data grids set editable=true?

Around 20 mx:AdvancedDataGrid set editable=true.

From: Alina Kazi <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 9:29 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

From: Alina Kazi <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 12:56 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Hi,

I am sharing my ERP Application interface so that you can know my requirement clearly. Approximately I have 100 options similar to the interface shown below.

Thanks,

AlinaKazi

Re: Application Structure

Alex Harui-2
Hi Alina,

Regarding variable row height:  We still have to build out support for that.  Are you happy with the way MX handles scrolling or is there any requirement to change the way it scrolls?  MX lists always scroll by row.  A row is always aligned to the top, and really tall rows may not be fully visible.  The alternative is to scroll-by-pixel. Spark DataGrid worked that way.  I think the MX way is less computationally expensive and easier to write.

Regarding editable DataGrids:  Are you using in-place editing?  Are there custom input controls or is everything a TextInput?

From: Alina Kazi <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 9:29 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

From: Alina Kazi <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 12:56 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Hi,

I am sharing my ERP Application interface so that you can know my requirement clearly. Approximately I have 100 options similar to the interface shown below.

Thanks,

AlinaKazi

Re: FW: Application Structure

Olaf Krueger
>Do any of the lists and data grids use variable row height?

Just an idea if you need some more datagrid features:
The guys from "flexicious" [1], who still provide a powerful Flex datagrid
also provides an HTML version of this datagrid which is called
"htmltreegrid".
I guess they tried to adopt some basic principles from the Flex world to
HTML/JS.

Maybe it makes sense to "capture" this (commercial) component by Royale and
maybe the smart guys from "flexicious" are willing to help with this if
you'll buy a license.

Thanks,
Olaf

[1] http://www.flexicious.com/
[2] http://htmltreegrid.com/

Re: Application Structure

Gabe Harbs
Maybe they want to port their component to Royale and sell it…

That would be a win-win.

Harbs

> On Feb 13, 2018, at 1:41 PM, Olaf Krueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Do any of the lists and data grids use variable row height?
>
> Just an idea if you need some more datagrid features:
> The guys from "flexicious" [1], who still provide a powerful Flex datagrid
> also provides an HTML version of this datagrid which is called
> "htmltreegrid".
> I guess they tried to adopt some basic principles from the Flex world to
> HTML/JS.
>
> Maybe it makes sense to "capture" this (commercial) component by Royale and
> maybe the smart guys from "flexicious" are willing to help with this if
> you'll buy a license.
>
> Thanks,
> Olaf
>

> [1] http://www.flexicious.com/
> [2] http://htmltreegrid.com/

> Sent from: http://apache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com/

RE: Application Structure

Alina Kazi

scroll-by-pixel will be better.

We are using ItemRenderer for cell editing. At some places checkbox, dropdown and NumericStepper are also used. Source file is Attached.

From: Alina Kazi <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 9:29 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

From: Alina Kazi <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 12:56 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Hi,

I am sharing my ERP Application interface so that you can know my requirement clearly. Approximately I have 100 options similar to the interface shown below.

Thanks,

AlinaKazi

shmMappingSetupOpenDetailGrid.mxml (51K) Download Attachment