First steps of migration Flex to Royale

Ale

First steps of migration Flex to Royale

Ale
Hi everyone!

I'm starting with Royale with the intention of migrating a large Flex
application to Royale. But I'm not sure yet about how to start.

Let's say I have a simple Flex test project (a Hello World one) [1]. From
here, I want to make it a Royale one, what steps should I follow? I know how
to make a Royale Hello World but what I'm looking for is steps for
conversion a flex one.

[1]: http://dropcanvas.com/nsj2p

Re: First steps of migration Flex to Royale

Olaf Krueger
Hi,
you basically have to replace all spark, mx, and Flash dependencies by its
Royale counterparts.
Your pure AS3 code will probably work out of the box.

I am on the road with less bandwitdh, maybe someone other could provide a
Royale counterpart for your given example?

A good starting point are the docs which are WIP [1] and the examples [2].
Go through the code in order to get an idea of the Royale way.

HTH,
Olaf

[1] https://royale.apache.org/docs/

[2] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/tree/develop/examples/royale

Re: First steps of migration Flex to Royale

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Ale,

Your Hello World example can be compared to the existing hello world in our repository [1]. Take a look there and see much more examples. You can open almost all of them in VSCode [2] or Moonshine. [3]

pt., 8 cze 2018 o 21:47 Olaf Krueger <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
Hi,
you basically have to replace all spark, mx, and Flash dependencies by its
Royale counterparts.
Your pure AS3 code will probably work out of the box.

I am on the road with less bandwitdh, maybe someone other could provide a
Royale counterpart for your given example?

A good starting point are the docs which are WIP [1] and the examples [2].
Go through the code in order to get an idea of the Royale way.

HTH,
Olaf

[1] https://royale.apache.org/docs/

[2] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/tree/develop/examples/royale

 How do you handle non-unique names from each of the namespaces? Is there a list of alternate names for the duplicates?

RE: First steps of migration Flex to Royale

yishayw

You can always use the qualified name (e.g. org.apache.royale.events.Event).

 How do you handle non-unique names from each of the namespaces? Is there a list of alternate names for the duplicates?

Re: First steps of migration Flex to Royale

What duplicates did you run into?  The Flex SWCs should not be in the library-path, just the Royale ones.