Flex Shrink...

Brian Raymes

I need some assistance with layouts. I think we have a problem with vertical layouts where it is applying flex-shrink to all children – which is breaking many of my views (especially on Mac/iOS) browsers.

I keep finding this style on components that I don’t think it should belong, all because of some parent, or parent’s … parent’s .. component:

.layout.vertical>* {

        flex0 1 auto;

}

This shrink causes item renderers and subcomponents to lose proper sizing and essentially collapse. Scroll bars stop working, etc.

I’ve been continually fighting this and finding strange style overrides to stop it as I haven’t had time to dive in, but I am now starting to think this is a bigger bug.

Thoughts?

Brian

Re: Flex Shrink...

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Brian,

in order to understand better I'll need some kind of visual example to see how it's affecting. Also, since this seems a bug that need to be discussed and fixes, probably better to do this on a Github issue. Also if you have a suggestion to try, that would be great. I think there we need to try over TDJ to see if we see some side effects and also in any other examples we can (like blog examples, todomvc,...)

Thanks Brian for show this flaw.

El sáb, 13 feb 2021 a las 0:48, Brian Raymes (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

I need some assistance with layouts. I think we have a problem with vertical layouts where it is applying flex-shrink to all children – which is breaking many of my views (especially on Mac/iOS) browsers.

I keep finding this style on components that I don’t think it should belong, all because of some parent, or parent’s … parent’s .. component:

.layout.vertical>* {

        flex0 1 auto;

}

This shrink causes item renderers and subcomponents to lose proper sizing and essentially collapse. Scroll bars stop working, etc.

I’ve been continually fighting this and finding strange style overrides to stop it as I haven’t had time to dive in, but I am now starting to think this is a bigger bug.

Thoughts?

Brian

Apache Member & Apache Royale PMC
Apache Software Foundation