Grid init exeption

I am using custom grid class in my app but getting exception during load.

I debugged the code but could not find the root cause.

Here are the details :

Console log :

Source view :

Call Stack:

thanks
Serkan...

Re: Grid init exeption

Alex Harui-2

There is a lot of information missing, but the last time I saw something like this was a few days ago and it was because the compiler is not generating the right code for a labelFunction that is being assigned a function on some other object.  Probably would be true for sortCompareFunction as well.

If you have MXML like:

                <SomeComponent sortCompareFunction=”someObject.someSortFunction”

The compiler will generate an error.  It can currently handle:

                <SomeComponent sortCompareFunction=”someSortFunction”

Where “someSortFunction” is defined in the MXML file.

It is being tracked here: https://github.com/apache/royale-compiler/issues/119

And the workaround should be to define a local function that calls the actual function.

Serkan...

Re: Grid init exeption

Olivier Dion
How close are you to a complete release?

The equivalent in stability as say flex 3 ?

Thanks!

Olivier Dion- Ticketmaster
Quebec office

Serkan...

Re: Grid init exeption

True, I have bunch of statements exactly matching with your case :

                <s:GridColumn dataField="job_command_type" sortCompareFunction="Transformer.compareSortString" labelFunction="getJobCommandType" headerText="{resourceManager.getString('messages', 'jobCommandTypeGrid')}" width="{this.pinaraJobList.width * 0.12}"/>
                <s:GridColumn dataField="job_trigger_type" sortCompareFunction="Transformer.compareSortString" labelFunction="getJobTriggerType" headerText="{resourceManager.getString('messages', 'jobTriggerTypeGrid')}" width="{this.pinaraJobList.width * 0.12}"/>
                <s:GridColumn dataField="@groupId" headerText="{resourceManager.getString('messages', 'jobGrupIdGrid')}" width="{this.pinaraJobList.width * 0.10}"/>
                <s:GridColumn dataField="son_cz" sortCompareFunction="Transformer.compareSortForDate" labelFunction="Transformer.getRecordedDT" headerText="{resourceManager.getString('messages', 'jobLastWTGrid')}" width="{this.pinaraJobList.width * 0.15}"/>
                <s:GridColumn dataField="planlanan_cz" sortCompareFunction="Transformer.compareSortForDate" labelFunction="Transformer.getActualDT" headerText="{resourceManager.getString('messages', 'jobPlannedWTGrid')}" width="{this.pinaraJobList.width * 0.15}"/>
                <s:GridColumn dataField="son_calisma_suresi" sortCompareFunction="Transformer.compareSortForDuration" labelFunction="getRealizedDuration" headerText="{resourceManager.getString('messages', 'jobRealizedDuration')}" width="{this.pinaraJobList.width * 0.10}"/>
                <s:GridColumn dataField="son_calisma_statu" sortCompareFunction="Transformer.compareSortString" labelFunction="getLastWorkingStatus" headerText="{resourceManager.getString('messages', 'jobLastWorkingStatus')}" width="{this.pinaraJobList.width * 0.12}"/>

I am going to implement the workaround and see what happens.

Thanks
Serkan

23.02.2020 08:50 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:

There is a lot of information missing, but the last time I saw something like this was a few days ago and it was because the compiler is not generating the right code for a labelFunction that is being assigned a function on some other object.  Probably would be true for sortCompareFunction as well.

If you have MXML like:

                <SomeComponent sortCompareFunction=”someObject.someSortFunction”

The compiler will generate an error.  It can currently handle:

                <SomeComponent sortCompareFunction=”someSortFunction”

Where “someSortFunction” is defined in the MXML file.

It is being tracked here: https://github.com/apache/royale-compiler/issues/119

And the workaround should be to define a local function that calls the actual function.

Re: Grid init exeption

Serkan Taş
Alex,

In my case after replacing all references to object with local functions most of the errors gone and I same exception is thrown for the local static function.

ref :

<s:GridColumn dataField="son_calisma_statu" sortCompareFunction="compareSortString" labelFunction="getLastWorkingStatus" headerText="{resourceManager.getString('messages', 'jobLastWorkingStatus')}" width="{this.pinaraJobList.width * 0.12}"/>

func :

public static function getLastWorkingStatus(item:Object, column:GridColumn):String

I guess all the issue is related with static function references in components.

May be it helps....

Thanks,
Serkan

23.02.2020 09:28 tarihinde Serkan Taş yazdı:
[...]

Hi Olivier,

The approach we taking, mainly because we are an open source project, isn’t to fully replicate Flex (3 or 4), but rather, to try to attract new contributors and encourage them to help stabilize the subset of Flex that they need, not just by filing bugs, but by offering bug fixes as well.  In fact, I think we are looking for new folks who want to migrate a Flex app.  Serkan and some others have been working with us for several months and have helped cut the trail for the next person.  But how long it has taken them to migrate isn’t a fair measure of how long it will take you.  We know that one of the other companies migrating have some 88 modules migrated and stable enough for release.  What I would like is for some new migration projects to see how long it will take now that the trail has been smoothed by the early adopters.

I’m pretty sure there are still rough spots, we simply don’t have the resources to catch up to a 3rd or 4th generation release produced by a much larger Flex team, but I’m more confident every day that this is the shortest path to not being reliant on Adobe Flash.  Royale is not going to be 100% backward compatible with Flex, you will still have to modify your code in places, but it should require significantly fewer modifications than other migration options.

Also, because we encourage contributions from the folks migrating, our goal is to have the folks migrating learn how to fix problems found in Royale.  Then you aren’t reliant on the future staffing plans of other companies.  That’s one of the key advantages of open source at Apache.   You don’t have to wait on some other person or entity to fix a problem, cut a release, etc.

If you want to take a copy of your code and try to migrate it to Royale, we’d be very interested in what you get and will help you learn to fix issues or fix them ourselves.  Some folks are available for contract work to help speed up the migration process.