HTTPService and Stripe API

Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek
Hi guys I was wondering if it is possible to use the HTTPService with custom Authentication: Basic header.
I tried to implement the Strip API with normal Adobe AIR and URLLoader with URLRequest but somehow
the calls to the https://api.stripe.com/v1/charges returns Stream error all the time.

I don't know why this happened and I would like to go forward with the implementation.
I thought that the new HTTPService would work inside of AIR.

Thanx for your feedback

Gügü

Re: HTTPService and Stripe API

Alex Harui-2

Hi Ramazan,

Are you using Royale or Flex?  If Flex, please re-send your question on the [hidden email] mailing list.

Either way, also provide the exact error you are getting.

Gügü

Re: HTTPService and Stripe API

Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek
I'm using Apache Flex 4.16.1 but it doesn't work.
I would like to use the Apache Royale HTTPService.

Gügü

Re: HTTPService and Stripe API

Alex Harui-2

Hi Ramazan,

If you want to use Royale, do you plan to use Cordova to run the application, or a browser?

It might be best to set up a simple test case with Royale, open a GitHub issue, attach the test case, and we can try to help you get it working.

Gügü

Re: HTTPService and Stripe API

I never used basic header authentication, so I searched a bit and saw that seems to be based on adding custom headers and, FWICS encode in base64. If that's all the needed pieces, correct me If I'm missing something, I think we have all what you need. You can add headers with HTTPHeader to HTTPService and we have Base64 class to encode/decode to base64 (or if you don't need IE11, you can use native js methods here). Let me know if there's something more involved that I'm not taking into account.
thanks

Carlos

El mié., 26 sept. 2018 a las 18:12, Alex Harui (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

Hi Ramazan,

If you want to use Royale, do you plan to use Cordova to run the application, or a browser?

It might be best to set up a simple test case with Royale, open a GitHub issue, attach the test case, and we can try to help you get it working.

Re: HTTPService and Stripe API

My flex application uses BasicAuth with HTTPservice and HTTPServiceWrapper.

Here is my code snippet  for HTTPservice :

service:HTTPService // is ready prior to call

var encoder:Base64Encoder = new Base64Encoder();

encoder.encodeUTFBytes(username + ":" + password); // you may just use encodeBytes

service.headers = {Authorization:"Basic " + encoder.toString()};

service.send();

Hi,