Help: New application in royale

Joanne Seneque
Hi, I am starting a new application in Apache Royale,
where I need to have a login screen, then re-direct the
logged user to a home page, and then to other "views"
based on links on this home page. Are there existing
examples of this kind of application yet ?

What is best suited for these types of applications ?
Modules , views ?

I am looking at the examples in royale-asjs but can't seem
to find something like requested above.

Thanks.

Joanne

RE: Help: New application in royale

yishayw

Hi,

Are you looking for routing that will be stored in the browser’s history? If that’s the case I think you might want to take a look at BrowserRouter [1]. I am not aware of a public example of how to use this, so I hope others who have used it can offer some info, if you can’t figure it out from the source.

[1] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/develop/frameworks/projects/Basic/src/main/royale/org/apache/royale/routing/BrowserRouter.as

Re: Help: New application in royale

alina kazi
Hi Joanne,
If you're creating your application with mx and spark components

And if you are using JewelUI.
See examples here
View is loaded in App.mxml startup file.

You can also see examples in crux

Hope this helps.

Alina Kazi

Joanne

Re: Help: New application in royale

alina kazi

If you just want to load a module(as we used to load in Flex)
See this simple example:
Main File :
https://paste.apache.org/f6eab
Module File : https://paste.apache.org/ozn0c

Regards

Joanne

Re: Help: New application in royale

Hi Joanne,

In case of Jewel you have example as part of Royale [1] .

You can also check real world application written with Jewel and PureMVC [2] - registration is free.

Joanne

Re: Help: New application in royale

Joanne Seneque
Thanks for the examples. I will have a look at them.

Joanne

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Joanne

Re: Help: New application in royale

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Joanne,

The TodoMVC example has a good and clean implementation of a bottom link bar that goes to different states (that could be pages)
and is also using Routing to reflect it in the browser address bar.

Also we have two versions, and I think it is a very good learning material.

Just using Jewel:

And other that adds Crux to the mix:

Maybe if you are learning first one would be better. Then you can progress to Crux version to get all the benefits.

Carlos