How to compile tourdeflexmodules

T-san
When running mvn clean install at Examples, mxml files in the \royale-asjs\examples\mxroyale\tourdeflexmodules directory are not compiled.

How can I do that?

I also have an error when opening ComboBoxExample.mxml in VS Code.

<s:Module xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
               xmlns:s="library://ns.apache.org/royale/spark"
               xmlns:mx="library://ns.apache.org/royale/mx"
               width="100%" height="100%">

This tag (<s:Module) is not resolved to ActionScript class.  what's wrong?

Shoichiro Takeshita

Re: How to compile tourdeflexmodules

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Takeshita,

I don't think that anyone tried to build multimodule project trough available IDEs VSCode or Moonshine. I recommend using Ant for that purposes - script is in that example build.xml

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: How to compile tourdeflexmodules

Piotr Zarzycki
In Moonshine I'm able to build Shell of Tour De Flex, but submodules won't be displayed cause they need to be build separately. We just didn't have time yet to look into that in Moonshine Team.

You can open project in Moonshine and try to build to see whether it's working at least - use newest Nightly.

In order to have fully functional stuff you need to use ant build.xml file.

pon., 9 gru 2019 o 15:58 Takeshita Shoichiro <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
[...]

Alex Harui-2

TDF has not been fully ported.  Some examples do not work or do not compile.  The Ant build script builds the ones that do compile.  The ones that build used to run but might have broken.  I expect the IDEs may try to build everything instead of the working subset.  So it is best to use Ant script for now.  I suppose you can set up small projects in an IDE, not sure.

Shoichiro Takeshita

Re: How to compile tourdeflexmodules

Alex Harui-2

I’m sure the Moonshine folks would be interested what errors you are getting, if any.

-Alex

Shoichiro Takeshita

Re: How to compile tourdeflexmodules

just to add. When I worked on Jewel Modules [1] I need to add Maven support for it, creating a proper maven layout for projects and ensuring I can make a mvn clean install that compile the app and the  module.

[hidden email]  you can check how I did it and try to improve Tour de Flex maven build to make a module be compiled in the same way, then propagate to the rest.
If you do this, I think it will be of great help for all while will let you learn more about it in the process.

Let me know what you think

Thanks!

Carlos

El mar., 10 dic. 2019 a las 5:57, Alex Harui (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

I’m sure the Moonshine folks would be interested what errors you are getting, if any.

-Alex

Re: How to compile tourdeflexmodules

T-san
Carlos, I have problems with compiling Tour de Flex one by one.  Many of mxml files returned with errors.  I do not know what is wrong at moment.  So, running mvn clean install will be after solving major problems.

 I would think Data Binding is not working well.  I cannot compile ComboBoxExample.mxml or DropdownExample.mxml.
And skinClass="skins.GradientBackgroundAppSkin" is not working for me. (examples\mxroyale\tourdeflexmodules\src\spark\skinning)

ST

Hi,

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: How to compile tourdeflexmodules

Alex Harui-2

HI T-San,

Not every source file in TDF will compile.  That’s why there is an Ant build script to only compile the ones that are currently working.  If you are not using Ant to build, you will need to find a way to subset which files are compiled.

武下 祥一郎

Re: How to compile tourdeflexmodules

T-san
Alex, I run Ant on Windows 10 as well as on Mac.  The same result.  Before running Ant, do I need set up something?
P.S. I also run under 0.97.  The same.

pwd
/Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules
takeshitashouichirounoMacBook-Pro:tourdeflexmodules taksho$ ant
Buildfile: /Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/build.xml

compile-shell:
    [mxmlc] MXMLJSC
    [mxmlc] -module-output=/
    [mxmlc] -js-compiler-option=--variable_map_output_file gcc_variablemap.txt
    [mxmlc] -js-compiler-option+=--property_map_output_file gcc_propertymap.txt
    [mxmlc] -externs-report=/Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin/js-debug/externs_report.js
    [mxmlc] -link-report=/Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin-debug/link_report.xml
    [mxmlc] +playerglobal.version=11.1
    [mxmlc] +env.AIR_HOME=${env.AIR_HOME}
    [mxmlc] +env.PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME=${env.PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME}
    [mxmlc] -compiler.debug=false
    [mxmlc] +royalelib=/Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/frameworks/
    [mxmlc] -load-config=/Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/frameworks/flex-config.xml
    [mxmlc] -output=/Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin-debug/explorer.swf
    [mxmlc] --
    [mxmlc] /Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/src//explorer.mxml
    [mxmlc] 12 11, 2019 8:26:51 午後 com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager println
    [mxmlc] 警告: /Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin/js-debug/SourceTab.js:124: WARNING - Invalid flags to RegExp constructor: STRING gs 124 [length: 4] [source_file: /Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin/js-debug/SourceTab.js] : string
    [mxmlc]   var /** @type {RegExp} */ r = new RegExp("\r\n", "gs");
    [mxmlc]                                                    ^^^^
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc] 12 11, 2019 8:26:51 午後 com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager println
    [mxmlc] 警告: /Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin/js-debug/explorer.js:398: WARNING - Parse error. extra visibility tag
    [mxmlc]   * @private
    [mxmlc]     ^
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc] 12 11, 2019 8:26:51 午後 com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager println
    [mxmlc] 警告: externs/dialogPolyfill.js:19: WARNING - accessing name dialogPolyfill in externs has no effect. Perhaps you forgot to add a var keyword?
    [mxmlc] dialogPolyfill = function() {
    [mxmlc] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc] 12 11, 2019 8:26:51 午後 com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager println
    [mxmlc] 警告: externs/dialogPolyfill.js:19: WARNING - variable dialogPolyfill is undeclared
    [mxmlc] dialogPolyfill = function() {
    [mxmlc] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc] 12 11, 2019 8:26:51 午後 com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager println
    [mxmlc] 警告: externs/dialogPolyfill.js:27: WARNING - name dialogPolyfill is not defined in the externs.
    [mxmlc] dialogPolyfill.registerDialog = function(dialog) {
    [mxmlc] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc] 12 11, 2019 8:26:51 午後 com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager printSummary
    [mxmlc] 警告: 0 error(s), 5 warning(s), 98.4% typed
    [mxmlc] The project 'explorer' has been successfully compiled and optimized.
    [mxmlc] 29.522854301 seconds
    [mxmlc] 警告 : /Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin-debug/link_report-js.xml にリンクレポートを書き込むことができません。
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc] /Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/src/SourceTab.mxml(33): col: 3 警告 : public var may not work in minified JS output.  Use getter/setter instead.
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc] public var app:String;
    [mxmlc] ^
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc] /Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/src/SourceTab.mxml(34): col: 9 警告 : public var may not work in minified JS output.  Use getter/setter instead.
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc]         public var src:String;
    [mxmlc]         ^
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc] MXMLJSC
    [mxmlc] -module-output=/
    [mxmlc] -load-externs=/Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin-debug/link_report-js.xml
    [mxmlc] -js-compiler-option=--variable_map_input_file gcc_variablemap.txt
    [mxmlc] -js-compiler-option+=--property_map_input_file gcc_propertymap.txt
    [mxmlc] -js-compiler-option+=--externs /Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin/js-debug/externs_report.js
    [mxmlc] +playerglobal.version=11.1
    [mxmlc] +env.AIR_HOME=${env.AIR_HOME}
    [mxmlc] +env.PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME=${env.PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME}
    [mxmlc] -compiler.debug=false
    [mxmlc] +royalelib=/Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/frameworks/
    [mxmlc] -load-config=/Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/frameworks/flex-config.xml
    [mxmlc] -output=/Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin-debug/Welcome.swf
    [mxmlc] --
    [mxmlc] /Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/src//Welcome.mxml
    [mxmlc] 0.759611828 seconds
    [mxmlc] command line エラー : '/Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin-debug/link_report-js.xml' を開くことができません。
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc]

BUILD FAILED
/Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/build.xml:163: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/taksho/Downloads/apache-royale-0.9.6-bin-js/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/build.xml:95: mxmlc task failed.

Total time: 31 seconds

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: How to compile tourdeflexmodules

Alex Harui-2

Hi T-San,

I guess tourdeflexmodules build.xml hasn’t been tested in a JS-only SDK.  It is making some assumptions that a SWF is being built.  You can try modifying the build so that the link report is written to and read from bin/js-debug instead of bin-debug

-Alex

武下 祥一郎

Re: How to compile tourdeflexmodules

T-san
Alex, there are four bin-debug; two for.swf and the other two for link_report-js.xml.  Changing the latter does output the same result. Changing the former brings exception error.

When running ANT against 0.97-bin-js-swf, it failed while searching ¥frameworks¥11.7¥playerglobal.swc, which does not exist.

Would you please check?

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: How to compile tourdeflexmodules

Alex Harui-2

I just pushed a change to royale-asjs that seems to get it to work for me.

-Alex

武下 祥一郎

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Yes, or just get it from the repo:  https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/tree/develop/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules

From: Takeshita Shoichiro <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 11:02 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

武下 祥一郎

Re: How to compile tourdeflexmodules

T-san
Alex, thanks.  I confirmed that Ant run.

ST