Import royale-asis/examples folder to Eclipse

Import royale-asis/examples folder to Eclipse

T-san

Firstly, I copy this folder to a new folder; then import the folder to Eclipse.

It took rather long time.

During importing, Eclipse claims maven build errors.

royale-maven-plugin:0.9.6:compile-app (70 errors)

royale-maven-plugin:0.9.6:compile-trust (70 errors)

My primary purpose is to build SampleAmfWebApp and run it.

In its pom.xml, errors are marked for combine.self.  I need to fix these before build.

README seems to say, to run SampleAmfWebApp, RemoteObjectAMFTest is
required.  In its pom.xml, there is a plugin error.

Multiple annotations found at this line.

It is related to the above mentioned maven errors.

Are there any problems to import examples to Eclipse?

If so, what is a recommended way to build and run SampleAmfWebApp.

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: Import royale-asis/examples folder to Eclipse

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Takeshita,

most easy way is just position on examples folder and run "mvn clean install" (optional add -DskipTests to avoid building with tests).
This will build all examples in that subtree folder with maven.
You'll get RemoteObjectAMFTest and SampleAmfWebApp build with maven and ready to be deployed.

El mié., 16 oct. 2019 a las 3:35, Takeshita Shoichiro (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

[...]

Carlos, thanks.

I could compile by executing maven clean install at /royale-asis/example.  Took 4 min. on my MacBook Pro.  It seems the compilation requires released zip structure.  It seems these examples cannot be imported into Eclipse as these are.

I want to create a basic Royale project in Eclipse, which only contain server side Java code with BlazeDS library.  As to the Flex portion, in the meantime, I 'd like to create a project using Visual Studio Code. Any reference that makes this happen?

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 9:36 PM Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: Import royale-asis/examples folder to Eclipse

notice that I give you the most easy way, but that take more time that just compile the few projects you want doing the same in its own folders, that should be just few seconds.

About creating a project in Eclipse for BlazeDS. That's just a standard java web app (a WAR) and you can do it in the same way you'll do any other java web app project. That's beyond royale and there's many tutorials, articles and courses on the web. Once you have that standard web app, you can add the blazeds jars and config. For that you can check how SampleAmfWebApp do it, or again search the web for some BlazeDS article about it.

About Royale project basic project for Eclipse there's Flash Builder, although I must warn you that is a very old Adobe app without support or updates for almost 10 years. Some people are using it. Other are using VSCode or Moonshine IDEs that are far new and updated each month with new bug fixes and features.

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: Import royale-asis/examples folder to Eclipse

Carlos Rovira-2
That's exactly what we did :)

We use IntelliJ for both Java and Flex, but now we use IntelliJ for Java and VSCode/Moonshine for Royale. The main point was not change a single line or config in the java server side and focus just on Royale using the exact same API for server communication through AMF/RemoteObject. And we did it :)