Jewel Themes

Ale

Jewel Themes

Ale
Hi!

I saw a thread discussing how to import Jewel themes in an IDE and I managed
to "import" a theme using the compiler option /"theme"/ in VSCode.

What I want to know is how can I use several themes like a primary one, a
secondary one and emphasized one like I see it's used in Jewel Example (the
App one).

Thanks, Ale

Ale

Re: Jewel Themes

Ale
Hi Carlos,

The line in the /asconfig.json/ file (compilerOptions) is:

/"theme":
"${royalelib}/themes/Jewel-Light-NoFlat-Primary-Turquoise-Theme/src/main/resources/defaults.css"/

Thanks, Ale

Re: Jewel Themes

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Ale,

I think theme compiler option can be chained with a ","
can you try to write "theme":<first-css-theme-url>,<second>,<third>" ?

If this don't work hope others using IDEs can give some clue here

thanks

Ale

Re: Jewel Themes

Ale
Hi Carlos,

The "," solution doesn't work, neither do an array. I tried both.

The "," is not able to open the file as it omits the "," and try to open a
file which is composed by the name of the two given. The array solution
doesn't work because it expects an string as the argument of the option
"theme".

Thanks, Ale

Re: Jewel Themes

Carlos Rovira-2
Ok Ale,

I think you have two options here:

1.- ask Josh on how to deal with multiple themes in AS3 extension. I'm sure this is possible since maven does. So I figure is a matter of find the right syntax. For me is hard to figure since I'm not using it.

2.- You can use maven. That's what I use and works great. The benefits from this path is that all Royale Jewel examples are done with maven so you have lots of examples working. In the other hand you ensure your build is consistent in CI server, IDEs, ... In fact, I don't know the benefits of IDE building over maven. I build in VSCode with CMD+SHIFT+B, and use to generate my own Royale snapshot SDK with latest thing I'm developing...

Hope others could bring some more light here in order to help you with more options

thanks