MXRoyaleJS.swc could not be found

Jason Fillman

Compiling RemoteObjectAMFTest against 097 and the Jan 1 098 nightly, I get a bunch of errors: …\MXRoyaleJS.swc could not be found

One example output:

c:\...\royale-asjs\frameworks\js\libs\MXRoyaleJS.swc Warning: The definition org.apache.royale.events.Event depended on by mx.core.ScrollControlBase in the SWC c:\...\royale-asjs\frameworks\js\libs\MXRoyaleJS.swc could not be found

The terminal process "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath\java.exe '-jar', 'c:\Users\jmfil\.vscode\extensions\bowlerhatllc.vscode-nextgenas-1.6.0\bin\asconfigc.jar', '--sdk', 'c:\...\royale-asjs', '--debug=false', '--project', 'c:\...\royale-asjs\examples\mxroyale\RemoteObjectAMFTest\asconfig.json'" terminated with exit code: 3.

I checked the file path referenced and the swc file is there, so not sure…

Visual Studio Code; JDK 8u281

Re: MXRoyaleJS.swc could not be found

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Jason,

since this question was solved more than one time in user and dev lists, please search for it on how to solve it.
Mainly MXRoyale is not included in royale config by default but is in flex config, so you need to add it specifically to it.
Also if you're using a nightly please use the newer one and keep up to date if possible.

El sáb, 20 feb 2021 a las 20:30, Jason Fillman (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

Compiling RemoteObjectAMFTest against 097 and the Jan 1 098 nightly, I get a bunch of errors: …\MXRoyaleJS.swc could not be found

One example output:

c:\...\royale-asjs\frameworks\js\libs\MXRoyaleJS.swc Warning: The definition org.apache.royale.events.Event depended on by mx.core.ScrollControlBase in the SWC c:\...\royale-asjs\frameworks\js\libs\MXRoyaleJS.swc could not be found

The terminal process "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath\java.exe '-jar', 'c:\Users\jmfil\.vscode\extensions\bowlerhatllc.vscode-nextgenas-1.6.0\bin\asconfigc.jar', '--sdk', 'c:\...\royale-asjs', '--debug=false', '--project', 'c:\...\royale-asjs\examples\mxroyale\RemoteObjectAMFTest\asconfig.json'" terminated with exit code: 3.

I checked the file path referenced and the swc file is there, so not sure…

Visual Studio Code; JDK 8u281

Apache Member & Apache Royale PMC
Apache Software Foundation

RE: MXRoyaleJS.swc could not be found

Jason Fillman

Hi Carlos,

I found the more recent builds. FYI, the link to the nightly Royale build here: https://royale.apache.org/get-involved/  resolves to build #2276 vs the most recent list.

I did search both lists and the only threads I found that seemed to address this issue indicated to add the below code to the asconfig.json file, however, this exact code is already in the file, so seems to be something else/something I am doing wrong…

"library-path": [

    "${royalelib}/js/libs/MXRoyaleJS.swc"

],

"js-library-path": [

    "${royalelib}/js/libs/MXRoyaleJS.swc"

]

Still unclear to me is if I am compiling using the AS compiler or Maven, within VS, however, neither seem to work. Using AS, I get these SWC not found errors. Using a clean Maven build, I get the following:

PS C:\...\royale-asjs\examples\mxroyale\RemoteObjectAMFTest> & "c:\...\royale-asjs\mvnw.cmd" clean -f "c:\...\royale-asjs\examples\mxroyale\RemoteObjectAMFTest\pom.xml"

Files was unexpected at this time.

I get the same type of result with the SAMPLEAMFWEBAPP project using Maven clean build (see included image), so wondering if I need to install Maven outside of VS instead of the VS plug-in or maybe some other environment setup issues I am missing.

Re: MXRoyaleJS.swc could not be found

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Jason,

if I load in VSCode + AS3&MXML the folder "/examples/mxroyale/RemoteObjectAMFTest" and build with CMD+SHIFT+B, then select "Debug with ActionScript extension (this is what I guess you are doing) I can reproduce the problem with a nightly.

 Also today I was fixing Maven SDK distribution so I'll wait for the next nightly build to check what's going on. I tried building with Maven and seems to work, also building with a fixed Maven distribution SDK seems to pass but I see some warning that I need to investigate further. For now if you are in a hurry can only say that your only path right now is to build with Maven instead with IDE. If you choose that path you can use this gist [1] to build from scratch all repos with Maven and then with ANT (you can just use one of them, I build both to ensure all is ok as an SDK developer).

El lun, 22 feb 2021 a las 0:00, Jason Fillman (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

[...]

Definitely NOT urgent.

Yes, doing CTRL+Shift+B for the AS compile (Release and Debug produce these errors, Clean never seems to finish), but reading the README said I needed a clean Maven build so tried that as well with the Maven Visual Code plug-in, with the error noted in my prior email.

Of note, I get the same result against the current 0.9.7 stable build. For both, I downloaded the JS only version.

Jason

Re: MXRoyaleJS.swc could not be found

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Jason,

Are you saying that running maven from sources is making the same error. In my test that worked.
You fyi

El lun, 22 feb 2021 a las 4:15, Jason Fillman (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

Hi Carlos,

Definitely NOT urgent.

Yes, doing CTRL+Shift+B for the AS compile (Release and Debug produce these errors, Clean never seems to finish), but reading the README said I needed a clean Maven build so tried that as well with the Maven Visual Code plug-in, with the error noted in my prior email.

Of note, I get the same result against the current 0.9.7 stable build. For both, I downloaded the JS only version.

Jason

Apache Software Foundation

Re: MXRoyaleJS.swc could not be found

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Jason,

Chris fixed now Maven distribution and I check the RO example and as well it need a tweak in asconfigc that I just commit.

"targets": ["SWF","JSRoyale"],
need to be
"targets": ["JSRoyale"],

That means that SWF still need some changes that need to be done, but I think is ok for you since you want JS.

I build and seems ok now. Please take a look

El lun, 22 feb 2021 a las 10:03, Carlos Rovira (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

RemoteObjectAMFTest DOES compile, although I get a warning:

Feb 22, 2021 9:25:58 PM com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager println

WARNING: c:/…/royale-asjs/examples/mxroyale/RemoteObjectAMFTest/bin/js-debug/mx/core/UIComponent.js:3372: WARNING - Suspicious code. This code lacks side-effects. Is there a bug?

  } else if ((this.mx_core_UIComponent__toolTip == null || this.mx_core_UIComponent__toolTip == "") && this.mx_core_UIComponent__toolTipBead != null) {

Feb 22, 2021 9:25:58 PM com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager printSummary

WARNING: 0 error(s), 1 warning(s), 98.2% typed

The project 'App' has been successfully compiled and optimized.

Hoping someone might clarify something for me. Both the RemoteObjectAMFTest and SampleAmfWebApp detect the use/need for Maven and VS asks me to acknowledge the association. RemoteObjectAMFTest compiles fine within VS using CTRL+Shift+B and selecting one of the AS compile options. SampleAmfWebApp does not compile within VS (doesn’t recognize “mvn”)  and seems to require a standalone Maven installation. Is this because of the need for a WAR file or some other config issue?