Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Folks,

I am pleased to announce that Moonshine 1.7.0 has been released at http://moonshine-ide.com/ and on the App Store.
You can report any bugs or feature requests on our GitHub project: https://github.com/prominic/Moonshine-IDE

Added
- Basic Visual Editor which allows you to build Flex applications mockups and export them as Flex desktop projects
- Added support for creating Apache Royale projects.
- Added support for creating Away3D projects.
- Code Editor: Auto close quotes for XML attributes.
- Code Completion List: Added icons, tooltips and documentation popup to have more information in completion list.
- Code Completion List: Open tooltip details and documentation popup (if available) of selected item by shortcuts (Windows: Ctrl + Q, Mac: Shift + F1).
Added hamburger menu to hold tabs which do not fit into the window.

Changed
- Updated NexGenActionscript engine to version 0.8.0.
- Project Tree: Double click to Expand/Collapse branches.
- Updated Setting > Templating to allow users to create new file and project templates that will appear in File > New.

Fixed
- Find Resources: Button "Open" is now default, which allows user to confirm choice with "Enter"
- Project directory defaults to directory used for the previous new project
- Project Creation: Fixed issue where project name was highlighted, but didn't have focus.
- Fixed issue where first import in the MXML file was inserted at the beginning of file.
- Debugging: Fixed null pointer exception which occurred while debugging MXML code.
- Fixed issue "The supplied index is out of bounds".
- Fixed issue where custom SDK path was not showing in macOS after a restart.
- When a project is closed or deleted, close all related editor tabs.

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Olaf Krueger
Hi Piotr,
that sounds promising, I am looking forward to checking it out!
Thanks for working on this!

BTW:
I noticed that "Apache FlexJS" is still mentioned at some places on
http://moonshine-ide.com/  ;-)

Thanks,
Olaf

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Piotr Zarzycki

Hi Olaf,

Yes and it will be there and in the IDE till Apache Royale got an official release.

Thanks for the support! :)
Piotr

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017, 12:36 Olaf Krueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Piotr,
that sounds promising, I am looking forward to checking it out!
Thanks for working on this!

BTW:
I noticed that "Apache FlexJS" is still mentioned at some places on
http://moonshine-ide.com/  ;-)

Thanks,
Olaf

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Hi Guys,

We have prepared small update Moonshine IDE 1.7.1 with couple of crucial fixes. It is available at http://moonshine-ide.com/ and App store.

You can report any bugs or feature requests on our GitHub project: https://github.com/prominic/Moonshine-IDE

Added

- Added action to close all tabs from both the File menu and the tab context menu
- Tabs and project tree status are saved and restored when reopening a project. This behavior can be disabled from the General tab in the application settings.
- Quickly switch between different application files by right-clicking and selecting "Set as Default Application"

Fixed

- Fixed bug where "Open Apache Flex/JS Project.." action did not work for an existing project
- Fixed bug where configured resources were not being properly copied when building a project
- Visual Editor: Fixed bug where new Visual Editor files were opening in the text editor
- Visual Editor: Fixed bug where additional Visual Editor files did not show up immediately in the exported project
- Visual Editor: Fixed bug where values width/height did not change in editing panel during component resize

Thanks, Piotr

[...]

thank you!

If I understand it correctly the Moonshine "CodeCompletition" feature
depends on a JAVA SDK.
Moreover, I found that there's a chance that it could be blocked by your
local firewall.
Maybe it would be helpful for others to add a something like a
"Requirements" section to "http://moonshine-ide.com" in order to document
such things?

Thanks,
Olaf

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Olaf,

Good point. We should consider to put that somewhere.

Thanks! :)

Hi Piotr,
thank you!

If I understand it correctly the Moonshine "CodeCompletition" feature
depends on a JAVA SDK.
Moreover, I found that there's a chance that it could be blocked by your
local firewall.
Maybe it would be helpful for others to add a something like a
"Requirements" section to "http://moonshine-ide.com" in order to document
such things?

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Alex Harui-2
I haven't tried Moonshine in a while.  Why is there an issue with it needing a Java SDK?  Is it really a JDK requirement or is a JRE sufficient?  The Royale compiler requires a Java JRE so one should be around for Moonshine to leverage.  I assume Moonshine can call the compiler without problem whether code completion is involved or not?

Just wondering,
-Alex

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Alex Harui-2
Last time I used Moonshine was before there was code completion.  Moonshine was able to call the FlexJS compiler without any extra setup, and the FlexJS compiler is a Java app, so I'm trying to understand if there is a setup issue for the latest Moonshine and why.

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Piotr Zarzycki
This is the problem on the line between codecompletion.jar and users individual setup. It look like sometimes Java process is being blocked by Antyvirus/Firewall. Not sure if it at any point influence Royale.

Last time I used Moonshine was before there was code completion.  Moonshine was able to call the FlexJS compiler without any extra setup, and the FlexJS compiler is a Java app, so I'm trying to understand if there is a setup issue for the latest Moonshine and why.

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.7.0 Released

Alex Harui-2
I'm just pointing out that Royale and Flex run Java jars all of the time, so if the compiler jars don't have the same problem as the code completion jar, it makes you wonder what the difference is, or whether the compiler jars could call the code completion jar to get around this problem.

Just trying to help,
-Alex

From: Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]>
Date: Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 12:32 AM