Moonshine IDE 1.8.0 Released

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Folks,

I am pleased to announce that Moonshine 1.8.0 has been released at
http://moonshine-ide.com/ and on the App Store.

You can report any bugs or feature requests on our GitHub project:
https://github.com/prominic/Moonshine-IDE

Added
- Reopen previously opened projects on startup. This behavior can be disabled from the General tab in the application settings.
- Added "Confirm Exit" popup to prompt user before exiting. This feature is disabled by default, but can be enabled in the General tab in the application settings.
- Problems view: Added option to copy the contents of a cell to the system clipboard.
- Projects tree: Added option "Select open file" in the header of projects tree. This will show the file from the current tab in the project tree
- Projects tree: Added option "Copy path" to context menu in project tree.
- Projects tree: Added option "Show in Explorer/Finder" to context menu in project tree.
- Added global string search/replace. Available in menu: Project -> Search.

Changed
- Code Completion List: Show items in the list which contain the entered characters at any position.
- Visual Editor: Newly created project contains representation of main application window. User can change the basic application window properties.
- Show Tab close button ("x") on hover over unfocused tab.

Fixed
- Fixed issue where newly created Flex Mobile project was not properly recognized.
- Console: Fixed issue where prompt background color makes command unreadable.
- Fixed issue where "Clean Project" causes hang of IDE.
- Fixed issue where "Clean Project" clears project selection.
- Fixed issue with "Build & Run" command when user has a system language other than English.
- Sidebar position no longer resets after build.

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.8.0 Released

Olaf Krueger
I installed it on Windows10 (without removing the old version before) and it
seems to me that it works like a charm!

>Code Completion List: Show items in the list which contain the entered
characters at any position
Should this work even without using an asterisk?

Thank you!
Olaf

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.8.0 Released

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Olaf,

Great to hear that! What do you mean by asterisk - If you open Code Completion and hit than asterisk ?

Thanks for trying it!

I installed it on Windows10 (without removing the old version before) and it
seems to me that it works like a charm!

>Code Completion List: Show items in the list which contain the entered
characters at any position
Should this work even without using an asterisk?

Thank you!
Olaf

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.8.0 Released

Olaf Krueger
>What do you mean by asterisk ...

Maybe am wrong, but it seems to me that I have to type *Flex in order to get
also CC suggestions like 'VerticalFlexLayout'.
Is that the way how it should work?

Thanks,
Olaf

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.8.0 Released

piotrz
Administrator
Olaf,

I'm not sure what is happen on your sight. If I type this "<" - CC will open
for me. If I then type this "Flex" I see on the list VerticalFlexLayout.

Take a look:
<http://apache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com/file/t1/cc_flex.png>

Maybe record some short gif and I will see what's the problem.

Thanks, Piotr

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.8.0 Released

Olaf Krueger
Piotr,
Mhhh... I've also just updated Moonshine on my machine here at work and here
it works like a charm, that way you mentioned.

I'll give it a second try at home tonight... maybe I have to throw my
machine away... you know I've still some maven issues with this machine ;-)

Thanks,
Olaf

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.8.0 Released

Olaf Krueger
Hi Piotr,
still no success, I filed a github issue [1].

Thanks,
Olaf

[1] https://github.com/prominic/Moonshine-IDE/issues

Re: Moonshine IDE 1.8.0 Released

Olaf Krueger
Restarting my machine one more time resolves the issue now... for whatever
reason.
Sorry for annoying you!

Thanks,
Olaf