Need Migration Help

Sohail Abdul Khaliq
i have a large scale Application in Flex and i now want to migrate from Flex to Apache Royale.I have zero experience in Apache Royale, in fact i just heard about it few days ago. I need help in migration i already read the documentation of apache Royale but im still having difficulty converting my existing view controller and models as per apache royale standards.

Attached are the three screen shots from my Login screen developed in flex.

How much time its going to take to complete the migration process for a project contains 500+ files?

what approach should i use? just replace the flash imports with  royale imports and everything will fall into place? or should i go with one file at a time

--
Sohail Abdul Khaliq
Bee Technica,

application entry.jpg (238K) Download Attachment
controller.png (204K) Download Attachment
loginView.png (506K) Download Attachment

Re: Need Migration Help

Harbs
Search and replace for imports which have a direct replacement is a good way to do it.

That should help get rid of a lot of errors.

Harbs

On Jun 25, 2020, at 7:34 AM, Sohail Abdul Khaliq <[hidden email]> wrote:

i have a large scale Application in Flex and i now want to migrate from Flex to Apache Royale.I have zero experience in Apache Royale, in fact i just heard about it few days ago. I need help in migration i already read the documentation of apache Royale but im still having difficulty converting my existing view controller and models as per apache royale standards.

Attached are the three screen shots from my Login screen developed in flex.

How much time its going to take to complete the migration process for a project contains 500+ files?

what approach should i use? just replace the flash imports with  royale imports and everything will fall into place? or should i go with one file at a time

--
Sohail Abdul Khaliq
Bee Technica,
Abbottabad.
<application entry.jpg><controller.png><loginView.png>

Re: Need Migration Help

Harbs
Re. the amount of time: It really depends on how many features you are using which don’t have a direct replacement. Narrowing down the number of errors to a manageable amount should give a clearer picture, and that shouldn’t take more than a couple of days.

Post any questions you have along the way. We’re here to help.

Harbs

On Jun 25, 2020, at 9:59 AM, Harbs <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I am having issue with some mx imports

import mx.resources.IResourceManager;
import mx.resources.ResourceManager;
import mx.rpc.AsyncToken;
import mx.rpc.IResponder;
import mx.rpc.remoting.mxml.RemoteObject;
import mx.binding.utils.BindingUtils;
import mx.events.FlexEvent;

these imports does not shows error when im inside mxml file's <Script> but if im in a ActionScript class then same imports shows compiler error

am i missing something?

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 12:04 PM Harbs <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Bee Technica,
Abbottabad.

Re: Need Migration Help

Harbs
Is it <mx:Script> or <fx:Script>?

You need to use fx:Script.

On Jun 25, 2020, at 11:13 AM, Sohail Abdul Khaliq <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Abbottabad.

Re: Need Migration Help

alina kazi
We have successfully ported our large application(more than 1000 mxml and as files) from Flex to Royale.
It is a step by step process. It will take some time. Most of the APIs are available in Royale as Flex. Mx and spark components are available only namespaces needs to be change.
As Royale is flash independent technology, most of the alternatives are created in Apache royale technology to make flash components work with the alternative option in Apache Royale.
Whenever you got stuck somewhere ask for help immediately. Everyone here is to help you.

Alina Kazi

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020, 9:35 am Sohail Abdul Khaliq, <[hidden email]> wrote:
i have a large scale Application in Flex and i now want to migrate from Flex to Apache Royale.I have zero experience in Apache Royale, in fact i just heard about it few days ago. I need help in migration i already read the documentation of apache Royale but im still having difficulty converting my existing view controller and models as per apache royale standards.

Attached are the three screen shots from my Login screen developed in flex.

How much time its going to take to complete the migration process for a project contains 500+ files?

what approach should i use? just replace the flash imports with  royale imports and everything will fall into place? or should i go with one file at a time

--
Sohail Abdul Khaliq
Bee Technica,
Abbottabad.

Re: Need Migration Help

Sohail Abdul Khaliq
Thanks alot for the quick reply
please see attached image of the code.Im using fx script and not having any issue inside mxml file.The issue am facing in within .as file

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 1:51 PM Alina Kazi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

import issues.png (1M) Download Attachment

RE: Need Migration Help

yishayw

Try adding config: flex compiler option. If you’re using VSCode to compile your app you can do this by adding the following line at the top level:

    "config": "flex"

Re: Need Migration Help

Sohail Abdul Khaliq
Hi

Im using moonshine IDE and looks like it worked.please see attached image and let me know if i need anything else

Thanks

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 2:13 PM Yishay Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

Try adding config: flex compiler option. If you’re using VSCode to compile your app you can do this by adding the following line at the top level:

    "config": "flex"

config.png (107K) Download Attachment

Re: Need Migration Help

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Sohail,

In Moonshine you should have only this one [1] - Remove those additions which I'm seeing in your screenshot and coma at the end.

Thanks for using Moonshine. If you will have any problems try to use Nightly build - we will release it soon.

czw., 25 cze 2020 o 11:32 Sohail Abdul Khaliq <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
Hi

Im using moonshine IDE and looks like it worked.please see attached image and let me know if i need anything else

Thanks

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 2:13 PM Yishay Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

Try adding config: flex compiler option. If you’re using VSCode to compile your app you can do this by adding the following line at the top level:

    "config": "flex"

Re: Need Migration Help

alina kazi
Hi Sohail,

Read this article
This will be very helpful for you.

Api list available may have something missing that you required for your application.

To generate your api report:

If you get errors, fix them in your code or comment out that code if it won't impact the report. The Royale Compiler may find errors that the Flex SDK compiler did not detect.

Then the file you specified in the -api-report option should contain the information about your app. If your app as other projects like modules or libraries (SWCs) then you will need to do the same thing to get API reports for those projects as well. Use compc instead of mxmlc to compile SWCs.

Thanks,
Alina Kazi