New Jewel FooterBar component

we just get in the repo a new Jewel FooterBar Component
Example is in Tour De Jewel:

Re: New Jewel FooterBar component

Taro.Yu
Great!, thanks for the new component.

I saw the source code of TourDeJewel - MainContent.mxml
and have a new attribute "localId"

I guess "localId" is the same with "id", what different between them? thanks

Re: New Jewel FooterBar component

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Taro,

great to hear from you :)

"localId" is like "id", but it's not added to HTML tag, since in HTML ids must be unique. So LocalId works as the id work in Flash.
Notice that "localId" is temporal as it was discussed between Greg and Alex some weeks ago. But is the best way right now to ensure that a component is reusable and we don't get the same "id" in HTML each time we instantiate the component.

Taro, I remember you had plans to continue contributting to Royale and Jewel, do you have something in mind? We still need things to be done (for example  we are discussing Routing,...or there's missing pieces in Jewel, and more, so if you're interested,please ask! Any help is welcome :)

Thanks

El jue., 17 ene. 2019 a las 4:09, Taro.Yu (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Great!, thanks for the new component.

I saw the source code of TourDeJewel - MainContent.mxml
and have a new attribute "localId"

I guess "localId" is the same with "id", what different between them? thanks

Re: New Jewel FooterBar component

Taro.Yu
Hi Carlos

thanks for your explaining about localId.

I’m still interested in Royale and Jewel.  Recently, I am a little occupied
and can only follow via twitter.
Since my job mostly is to develop for desktop use and therefore, need a lot
of flex DataGrid.
Among all the component of Jewel, j:Table is the one fits my demand.
Therefore, I will try to enhance its functionalities, which maybe include
1. selection mode (row or cell)
2. sortable, may be multiple
3. filterable, like flex version (
https://www.iwobanas.com/2009/06/datagrid-with-client-side-filtering-and-searching/
<https://www.iwobanas.com/2009/06/datagrid-with-client-side-filtering-and-searching/>
)

Can they be implemented by a Bead?  I will spend some time to try it.

El vie., 18 ene. 2019 a las 7:15, Taro.Yu (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi Carlos

thanks for your explaining about localId.

I’m still interested in Royale and Jewel.  Recently, I am a little occupied
and can only follow via twitter.

great! :)

Since my job mostly is to develop for desktop use and therefore, need a lot
of flex DataGrid.
Among all the component of Jewel, j:Table is the one fits my demand.

Ok, take into account that I did Table component with a need in mind, but then the need change
so I left unfinished.

the main problem with Table is that we need to remove "selectedItemProperty" (the is not working properly and my intention was to select a cell) since I think that idea is not ok
and change to standard "selectedItem". So all the selection stuff need redesign and reimplementation.
If you can work on that it would be great

Therefore, I will try to enhance its functionalities, which maybe include
1. selection mode (row or cell)
That's has the problem I just talked
2. sortable, may be multiple
This needs to be done
3. filterable, like flex version (
https://www.iwobanas.com/2009/06/datagrid-with-client-side-filtering-and-searching/
<https://www.iwobanas.com/2009/06/datagrid-with-client-side-filtering-and-searching/>
)

We already have filtering for ComboBox and a bead for TextInput to use with List. So you could use the second.
Depending on your needs, sometimes a List with an ItemRenderer that shows all content of all columns could be a solution.
I use it many times instead a DataGrid

Can they be implemented by a Bead?  I will spend some time to try it.

Yes we already have it as I said

Other strategy could be to make a Jewel DataGrid based on Basic, but I plan to do that more later as I have some time in following months

Good to see you're already interested, and looking for more inputs from you! :)