PopUpManager

alina kazi-2

Hi,

I am using mx.managers.PopUpManager and porting my app to Apache Flexjs/Royale I can’t find any substitute of it.

Kindly let me know if there is any other alternate for similar functionality.

Thanks,

Aleena

RE: PopUpManager

yishayw

See if this [1] helps

[1] http://apacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com:8080/job/Royale_ASDoc_Example/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/examples/royale/ASDoc/bin/js-debug/index.html#!org.apache.royale.utils/UIUtils

Aleena

Re: PopUpManager

So far, Royale/FlexJS hasn't required a PopUpManager.  Most "popups" can just be parented by the main initial view.  The Flex PopUpManager was overkill for most of that.  It really only became useful to manage more than one non-modal popup on screen at one time, like a spell-check or find dialog.  If your app is in need of such a thing, we will build out that functionality for you.

Just last night I made a change to the Royale ASDoc app to float a popup.  In the main view file, all I had to do was call addElement(popUp).

Re: PopUpManager

Andrew Wetmore
> Just last night I made a change to the Royale ASDoc app to float a popup.  In the main view file, all I had to do was call addElement(popUp).

Can you provide a code snippet for that? In my Flex apps popup contents are usually in their own modules. Is that how you provide the contents of the popup you are calling in the ASDocs?

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:21 PM, Alex Harui <[hidden email]> wrote:
So far, Royale/FlexJS hasn't required a PopUpManager.  Most "popups" can just be parented by the main initial view.  The Flex PopUpManager was overkill for most of that.  It really only became useful to manage more than one non-modal popup on screen at one time, like a spell-check or find dialog.  If your app is in need of such a thing, we will build out that functionality for you.

Just last night I made a change to the Royale ASDoc app to float a popup.  In the main view file, all I had to do was call addElement(popUp).

Re: PopUpManager

Alex Harui-2

Puts up a List.  Other code takes it down.  The List class can be any UI widget including an instance from a module.

FWIW, I think we still want to do a Tour de Royale explorer with live samples.  Other folks want to create a blog like Flex Examples.  Some classes in ASDoc have mini examples like express.DataGrid.  And maybe we want to have examples in royals-docs.  With limited people-power, I wish we could use one example in all four places.

My 2 cents,
-Alex

From: Andrew Wetmore <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 11:32 AM