RTMFP with Apache Royale

Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek
Greetings to y'all!

Some times ago we discussed about p2p in Royale and I asked a question about when does the p2p aspect will be implemented.
Someone told me to contribute to Royale by initiating a first implemention. Well it seems that I don't need to do that at all because
I have found a repo on github that seems to provide the solution for NodeJS... I was wondering how is this going to be integrated
inside of Royale due to the JS side?

The specific JS code which is of interest : https://searchcode.com/codesearch/view/276327/#

The whole project repo with the NodeJS bindings : https://github.com/OpenRTMFP/ArcusNode

My question is how many people have experience with NodeJS? How possible is this migration from NodeJS to Royale?

Best Regards

RE: RTMFP with Apache Royale

yishayw

I think Harbs and Josh can share their experience in that regard.

Re: RTMFP with Apache Royale

Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek
Thank you Yishay for your answer. I can't wait to read what they both have to say about this.

03.04.2020, 17:17, "Yishay Weiss" <[hidden email]>:

I think Harbs and Josh can share their experience in that regard.

Re: RTMFP with Apache Royale

Greg Dove
Do you want to write server code for RTMP ? or client code?

The NodeJS lib looks like bindings to a native C++ codebase, but that codebase has been superseded by this one : https://github.com/MonaSolutions/MonaServer
If it works in NodeJS it should be able to be supported as is via some sort of extern in Royale.

But for client-side (browser) support, I am not sure there is any code that would be useful as-is in there.
The Mozilla Shumway project appeared to have some RTMP code for javascript client, and iirc it is a compatible licence that means we could work from it, I did look into it some time back, but I have not had time to pursue it. I am not sure it specifically had support for P2P stuff though.

On Sat, 4 Apr 2020, 05:25 Carlos Rovira, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm interested too in know if someone has started some effort around RTMP
thanks

El vie., 3 abr. 2020 a las 17:53, Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Thank you Yishay for your answer. I can't wait to read what they both have to say about this.

03.04.2020, 17:17, "Yishay Weiss" <[hidden email]>:

I think Harbs and Josh can share their experience in that regard.

Re: RTMFP with Apache Royale

Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek
I'm only talking about client code only accessing the server. I know that MonaServer is the replacement but I was just focusing on the JS code that we could use instead of rewriting everything from scratch.

I found also this repo which already has all the client code for RTMP missing the RTMFP side.

https://github.com/illuspas/Node-Media-Server

Specifically this file which has all the client side already: https://github.com/illuspas/Node-Media-Server/blob/master/node_rtmp_client.js

Best regards

03.04.2020, 19:50, "Greg Dove" <[hidden email]>:

> Do you want to write server code for RTMP ? or client code?
>
> The NodeJS lib looks like bindings to a native C++ codebase, but that codebase has been superseded by this one : https://github.com/MonaSolutions/MonaServer
> If it works in NodeJS it should be able to be supported as is via some sort of extern in Royale.
>
> But for client-side (browser) support, I am not sure there is any code that would be useful as-is in there.
> The Mozilla Shumway project appeared to have some RTMP code for javascript client, and iirc it is a compatible licence that means we could work from it, I did look into it some time back, but I have not had time to pursue it. I am not sure it specifically had support for P2P stuff though.
>
> On Sat, 4 Apr 2020, 05:25 Carlos Rovira, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm interested too in know if someone has started some effort around RTMP
>> thanks
>>
>> El vie., 3 abr. 2020 a las 17:53, Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>>> Thank you Yishay for your answer. I can't wait to read what they both have to say about this.

Re: RTMFP with Apache Royale

Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek
I would like to precisely ask if the only aspect worth implementing is the data part of the RTMFP or can it be also implemented for Audio+Webcam by interfacing all of the browser for audio+webcam?