Re: Maven Distribution SDK fixed and working for IDEs

Re: Maven Distribution SDK fixed and working for IDEs

Congrats! Could you provide on mailing list command to build framework with distribution, so users could know how to do that.

wt., 21 sty 2020 o 12:12 Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
Hi,

just fixed the maven distribution, and now it creates a valid SDK that can be used with IDEs. I think this is a long awaited fix.

So with the new maven distribution the generated SDK allows you to get code intelligence and IDEs can find compilers and use it to get a valid compilation. I tried only VSCode with Josh AS3&MXML extension, hope others using Moonshine can provide feedback.

Additionally you get the normal maven way of build with "mvn install" that will be more near to your deploy needs.

So people using Maven does not need to use ANT anymore to generate a valid SDK, and we get finally to have two independent ways of building separated one from the other.

I'll be doing some refining this days with classpaths since I left some versions hardcoded that I want to remove to make it valid as we change versions.

I'll be upgrading maven docs to reflect this change.

Re: Maven Distribution SDK fixed and working for IDEs

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Piotr, good idea :)

This is what we have in the wiki. Notice that you can use maven wrapper (mvnw) if you does not have maven installed locally (it will handle all foro you). This will build all with tests, examples and distribution SDK:

#!/bin/bash
export FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER="/Users/christofer.dutz/Devtools/Adobe/Flash/FlashPlayer-32.0/Flash Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Flash Player Debugger"
cd royale-compiler
./mvnw install
cd ../royale-typedefs
./mvnw install
cd ../royale-asjs
./mvnw install -P with-examples,with-distribution,with-ui-testsuite,option-with-swf -Dwebdriver.gecko.driver=/Users/christofer.dutz/Downloads/geckodriver

TO BUILD JUST SDK
=================

distribution requires "option-with-swf" (one thing to improve would be to remove swf dependency to create a js-only sdk), so the minimum will be:

mvn clean install -P with-distribution,option-with-swf -DdistributionTargetFolder=/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Royale/Sdks/apache-royale-sdk

(notice that here I added a target sdk folder to create SDK in that folder for convenience).

finally if you have maven updated and just want to create distribution you can just do:

cd <path-to royale-asjs>/distribution

mvn clean install -DdistributionTargetFolder=/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Royale/Sdks/apache-royale-maven

This will just execute the creation of the SDK.

HTH.

Carlos

Hi Carlos,