Re: Title Window

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Aleena,

I think this question belongs to the Royale list, so I'm adding it. I believe Panel and PanelWithControlBar can be equivalent to that.

Thanks, Piotr

I am using s:TitleWindow and porting my app to Apache Flexjs/Royale I can't
find any substitute of it.

Kindly let me know if there is any other alternate for similar
functionality.

Aleena

RE: Title Window

Alina Kazi
Hi,
What is difference between Panel and PanelwithControlbar?
We are replacing TitleWindow with Panel/PanelwithControlbar.
Close & creationcomplete are the events that we were using with TitleWindow. what would be alternate for these two events in Panel/PanelwithControlbar?

Thanks,
Alina

I think this question belongs to the Royale list, so I'm adding it. I
believe Panel and PanelWithControlBar can be equivalent to that.

Thanks, Piotr

> Hi,
>
> I am using s:TitleWindow and porting my app to Apache Flexjs/Royale I can't
> find any substitute of it.
>
> Kindly let me know if there is any other alternate for similar
> functionality.
>

> Aleena

Re: Title Window

Hi Alina,

Panel doesn't have place where you can put some buttons. Take a look into my example [1]. Panel won't have place where you can put such buttons like "Delete", "New" etc. in the opposite with  PanelwithControlbar.
In this example I'm using only PanelWithControlBar.

What is difference between Panel and PanelwithControlbar?
We are replacing TitleWindow with Panel/PanelwithControlbar.
Close & creationcomplete are the events that we were using with TitleWindow. what would be alternate for these two events in Panel/PanelwithControlbar?

Thanks,
Alina

I think this question belongs to the Royale list, so I'm adding it. I
believe Panel and PanelWithControlBar can be equivalent to that.

Thanks, Piotr

> Hi,
>
> I am using s:TitleWindow and porting my app to Apache Flexjs/Royale I can't
> find any substitute of it.
>
> Kindly let me know if there is any other alternate for similar
> functionality.
>

> Aleena

Re: Title Window

Alex Harui-2
That's not quite true.  In the RoyaleStore, there is an example custom titlebar for a Panel.    The TitleBarModel has a "showCloseButton" field.  We just need a volunteer to put all of the pieces together and call it a TitleWindow.

-Alex

I think this question belongs to the Royale list, so I'm adding it. I
believe Panel and PanelWithControlBar can be equivalent to that.

Thanks, Piotr

> Hi,
>
> I am using s:TitleWindow and porting my app to Apache Flexjs/Royale I can't
> find any substitute of it.
>
> Kindly let me know if there is any other alternate for similar
> functionality.
>

> Aleena

Re: Title Window

Piotr Zarzycki
Cool! I didn't know about that. Actually what would be the difference between Panel which has field title and TitleWindow ?

That's not quite true.  In the RoyaleStore, there is an example custom titlebar for a Panel.    The TitleBarModel has a "showCloseButton" field.  We just need a volunteer to put all of the pieces together and call it a TitleWindow.

-Alex

I think this question belongs to the Royale list, so I'm adding it. I
believe Panel and PanelWithControlBar can be equivalent to that.

Thanks, Piotr

> Hi,
>
> I am using s:TitleWindow and porting my app to Apache Flexjs/Royale I can't
> find any substitute of it.
>
> Kindly let me know if there is any other alternate for similar
> functionality.
>

> Aleena

Re: Title Window

Alex Harui-2
IIRC, in Flex, TitleWindow was a Panel with a Close Button.  I always found that confusing since Panels had titles, so for FlexJS/Royale, I proposed to just have Panel with configurable beads to add CloseButton.  Really, the most basic Panel model shouldn't have an optional Close Button.

But I don't see any reason that the Express set can't have a TitleWindow that composes all of the necessary parts.  Either that or we should start a FlexMigration component set that has components with the same names as Flex although they may not be 100% backward compatible.

-Alex

From: Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 8:20 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>