Say Hello to TranspiledActionScript Idea!

Say Hello to TranspiledActionScript Idea!

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Folks,

Almost four months ago, I created a repository on GitHub called TranspiledActionScript [1]. It is a place where I'm going to place several resources related to Apache Royale. The Examples folder should be the most interesting for you, if you want to port your applications from Flex. The idea is to present more sophisticated structures of code, maybe use some popular JavaScript or ActionScript libraries and check how they cooperate with Royale.

My goal is to try the new features in real-life, expose any possible bugs and fix them, if it is possible.

Workflow:
Everything that I am going to do will happen on the branches. Once a batch of Examples, Utils or Snippets is ready, I will merge them into a master. For our purposes, we can call it a "release", but in fact it will rather be a confirmation that there is a batch of code which has a stable version. Each example will be available online to give you the possibility to play with it.
You will find more information on what I am planning to do and what will happen in the repository in the "Issues"[2] tab on GitHub.

Examples will be fully compatible with Moonshine IDE, VSCode and Maven and it will be possible to compile all of them to JavaScript!

What is currently in the repository?
I finished three examples - The TranspiledActionScript website [3] and the port of Flex PureMVC Employee Admin [4] to Royale using two different modules of our framework, i.e. the Basic module [5] and MDL [6].

The TranspiledActionScript website is a small proof that we can create not only browser applications, but also responsive websites.
The PureMVC Employee Admin, on the other hand, proves that it can be used in Royale PureMVC framework, which is huge. These two small applications are a good example of how the port of your Flex application to Royale can look like.

Patreon:
You can support this project on Patreon [7]. Your contribution would definitely allow me to spare some time, which I can spend on creating new content for the repository.

I encourage you to dig into the code and maybe find something useful, which will save your time when porting your Flex applications to Royale.

Please say hello to TranspiledActionScript! :)

Re: Say Hello to TranspiledActionScript Idea!

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Piotr,

that looks awesome! Congrats for the great job! Can wait to explore all you have done!

I think this should be promoted vía social networks to spread the word (twitter, facebook,...)

again great job! :))

[...]

Olaf Krueger
Hi Piotr,
thanks for this really great work!

@all
Please don't overlook the last link [7]! ;-)
Go ahead and support Piotr in order to enable him to continue his awesome
work!

Thanks,
Olaf

[7] https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki

Re: Say Hello to TranspiledActionScript Idea!

Gabe Harbs
That is really cool! You did a really nice job on that. I’m very impressed by the website.

Keep up the awesome work!

Harbs

On Feb 22, 2018, at 4:59 PM, Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Alex Harui-2
Yes, great job.

I like the way the website looks, but noticed it took several seconds to load.  It would be interesting, now that we have tools for generating ValueObjects and fixed a few other bugs, to see you get the js-release version running and see if that speeds up initial load.  We need to continue to learn what it takes to make our code survive minification.

Thoughts?
-Alex

Re: Say Hello to TranspiledActionScript Idea!

Alex,

I will definitely do tests after your fixes with js-release, because this is what you are seeing is js-debug version. I'm using states and js-release didn't work for me. I will report back how it goes, in theory I may able to get it work once I compile with latest compiler version.

Thanks for kind words!

Yes, great job.

I like the way the website looks, but noticed it took several seconds to load.  It would be interesting, now that we have tools for generating ValueObjects and fixed a few other bugs, to see you get the js-release version running and see if that speeds up initial load.  We need to continue to learn what it takes to make our code survive minification.

Thoughts?
-Alex

Re: Say Hello to TranspiledActionScript Idea!

Piotr Zarzycki
Carlos,

Many Thanks! I'm really thankful. I owe many beers to all of you! :)

Thanks, Piotr

[...]

coxfrederic
I really like this initiative! I saw it on facebook and gave it a quick look. Decided to chip in on Patreon aswell. Will be monitoring your work and posts. The examples are what beginners need to get familiar with the project. Keep up the good work!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 23 feb. 2018 om 00:04 heeft Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

[...]

Frederic,

Thank you so much. There will be much more! :)