SetFocus

Raúl Núñez
Hi:

How can I use setFocus in a TextInput? Is there any bead for it?

Thanks!!

Re: SetFocus

Alex Harui-2

Are you using focusManager or calling setFocus on TextInput.  We probably haven’t emulated those APIs yet, but volunteers are certainly welcome to offer patches that do.  Open an issue in the issue tracker.

-Alex

From: Raúl Núñez <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 7:38 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: SetFocus

Hi:

How can I use setFocus in a TextInput? Is there any bead for it?

Thanks!!

Re: SetFocus

Raúl Núñez
Hi:

I´m using Basic and Jewel,no MXRoyale.

If there is nothing about it in those Sets I can add a github issue.

Thanks!

From: Raúl Núñez <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 7:38 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Hi:

How can I use setFocus in a TextInput? Is there any bead for it?

Thanks!!

Re: SetFocus

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Raúl,

I think we don't have nothing in Jewel.
Maybe others can say more about what we have in Basic.
Maybe some bead already exits to make the same as "setFocus" was doing?

From: Raúl Núñez <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 7:38 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Hi:

How can I use setFocus in a TextInput? Is there any bead for it?

Thanks!!

Re: SetFocus

Alex Harui-2

IMO, Jewel can do whatever it wants since it isn’t trying to be as super-lightweight as Basic.

For Basic, I think Raúl’s suggestion of a bead makes sense.  The implementation of setting focus could get more complex in certain cases so we probably shouldn’t assume that the JS implementation can just call focus() on itself.

And then the various components that want to support a direct setFocus call can do so by the usual composition rules.  I’d be in favor of an interface as well.

Any volunteers to do it?

My 2 cents,

-Alex

From: Raúl Núñez <[hidden email]>