Single call for data grid

Serkan Taş

Alex, here is the screen capture of the loading data grid and the exception

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10uAGEa75pBqSqUXLCAyvZsHPc05R7pFt

Thanks,
Serkan

Re: Single call for data grid

Alex Harui-2

I suspect that one or more of your custom item renderers is not yet emulating the listData property.  Comment them all out, and comment them back in until you find the one(s).

-Alex

Re: Single call for data grid

Serkan Taş
I will check listData issue.

For the video, you can see that the duration is very long. There is a timestamp top right that you can check.

What is your opinion ?

13.03.2020 21:11 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:

I suspect that one or more of your custom item renderers is not yet emulating the listData property.  Comment them all out, and comment them back in until you find the one(s).

-Alex

Re: Single call for data grid

Alex Harui-2

Is this example before or after the suggested optimization for initializing the XMLListCollection?

-Alex

Re: Single call for data grid

Serkan Taş
Actually I made the changes in test code but did not make so much difference. It decreased around 1 secs.

For the real application things are  a bit different.

It is declared in the parent component of the grid component :

            [Bindable]
            public var jobListXmlCollection:XMLListCollection = new XMLListCollection();

and assigned value in the parent component in one place :

in the function below, which is the result of rest call:

protected function xmlService_resultHandler(event:ResultEvent):void

jobListXmlCollection.source = jobListXml.children();

I moved the initialization to the line before the assignment

deceleration change to

            [Bindable]
            public var jobListXmlCollection:XMLListCollection

and assignment ;

                jobListXmlCollection = new XMLListCollection()
                jobListXmlCollection.source = jobListXml.children();

but nothing changed in terms of consumed time.

Serkan

14.03.2020 07:21 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:

Is this example before or after the suggested optimization for initializing the XMLListCollection?

-Alex

Re: Single call for data grid

Alex Harui-2

Serkan,

The recommended code would be more like:

                                [Bindable]

                                public var jobListXmlCollection:XMLListCollection;

                                protected function group1_creationCompleteHandler(event:FlexEvent):void {

                                                jobListXmlCollection = new XMLListCollection(jobListXml.children());

                                }

If you initialize an XMLListCollection without any constructor parameter, when you later set it, it has to unset the default, empty, XMLList.

It may not make a huge difference, but I would recommend doing it anyway.

-Alex