TourDeJewel on IE11

Taro.Yu
Hi

Happy to see TourDeJewel in website with all latest improvements!

I am excited and test it, find some issue as below, just let you know

1. Computer-Desktop
    It does not work on IE 11 (Test on IE 11.0.95).

2. New iPad (3rd generation)
    Both Chrome and Safari has Layout issue as below.
<http://apache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com/file/t55/image797.png>

Re: TourDeJewel on IE11

Greg Dove

I just pushed some fixes which should help for the next build of Tour de Jewel (I tested on IE11 locally and it looks good to me).
I did a quick scan through the various examples, and I think Wizard navigation was the only thing that seemed obvious as needing a bit more attention.
Carlos will check this later, I'm sure.

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 4:09 PM Taro.Yu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Happy to see TourDeJewel in website with all latest improvements!

I am excited and test it, find some issue as below, just let you know

1. Computer-Desktop
    It does not work on IE 11 (Test on IE 11.0.95).

2. New iPad (3rd generation)
    Both Chrome and Safari has Layout issue as below.
<http://apache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com/file/t55/image797.png>

Re: TourDeJewel on IE11

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Taro,

just uploaded a new version with Greg latest changes. I was having problems checking in IE11 with Browserstack but after this update I could see it ok again. Here's a capture on IE11 through browserstack (since I'm on Mac):

About iPad 3, I think is not supported since as we put on TDJ welcome screen it works in:

Browser support: Chrome (v.44+), Firefox (v.34+), IE 11 & Edge 15+, Safari (v.11.1+), Opera. Mobile: iOS (v.11.0), Android (v.5.0) & Windows Mobile.

I think iPad 3 is below Safari 11.1

since is iOS 5

Going below 11.1 is very difficult since Apple Safari mobile seems one of the latest browsers to follow standards in my testings.

Some of the problems we have currently in IE11 are:

* Wizard button navigation, are not showing ok.
* Error tips positioning showing with more offset
* DateChooser, in month view header takes a bit more space

That's the ones I saw for now, but although IE11 is always a challenge I'm surprised that most of the visuals are very near to other modern browsers.

El sáb., 6 abr. 2019 a las 7:52, Greg Dove (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

I just pushed some fixes which should help for the next build of Tour de Jewel (I tested on IE11 locally and it looks good to me).
I did a quick scan through the various examples, and I think Wizard navigation was the only thing that seemed obvious as needing a bit more attention.
Carlos will check this later, I'm sure.

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 4:09 PM Taro.Yu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Happy to see TourDeJewel in website with all latest improvements!

I am excited and test it, find some issue as below, just let you know

1. Computer-Desktop
    It does not work on IE 11 (Test on IE 11.0.95).

2. New iPad (3rd generation)
    Both Chrome and Safari has Layout issue as below.
<http://apache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com/file/t55/image797.png>

Re: TourDeJewel on IE11

Taro.Yu
Hi Greg, Carlos

Thanks for the update quickly.

Test on iPad(3rd) is my mistake, did not mentioned Safari 11+

I try it again on IE11, and found new other problems - No Wrap
* Alert - messages word not wrap
https://snag.gy/EIU3Fz.jpg <https://snag.gy/EIU3Fz.jpg>
* List - Jewel DataContainer(with flow layout) not wrap
https://snag.gy/hGZi7I.jpg <https://snag.gy/hGZi7I.jpg>
* Text - last line word not wrap

Just let you know the IE's problem.
Personally, I think IE's problem is minor.
It's nightmare to handle browser compatibility.....I miss flashplayer, HaHa

Re: TourDeJewel on IE11

Hi Taro,

El dom., 7 abr. 2019 a las 9:23, Taro.Yu (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi Greg, Carlos

Thanks for the update quickly.

......test on iPad-3rd is my mistake, although my safari is version 9... did
not mention Safari (v.11.1+).

Right, that's the problem. Don't know if you can update iOS and Safari to a more recent version that includes 11.1
Other option could be for that older iPads to try to install Google Chrome. Don't know if that could bring you a supported browser
can you try?

Try it again on IE11. besides problems you mentioned.

I found there are other problems - No wrap

* Alert - messages do not word wrap.
https://snag.gy/EIU3Fz.jpg <https://snag.gy/EIU3Fz.jpg

* List - Jewel DataContainer (with Flow Layout), not wrap
https://snag.gy/hGZi7I.jpg <https://snag.gy/hGZi7I.jpg

* Text - the last line word not wrap.

Just let you know, I think IE11's problem is minor.
It's a nightmare to handle browser compatibility.... I miss flashplayer...
haha

Right! I was aware of the Alert issue, forgot to mention.
Maybe you could try to fix some of them in the JewelTheme SASS? or maybe in code?
Let me know if you want to try some of this. Some of them could be relatively easy to find and fix
and could be a task where community can invest little time and submit patches to fix.

Thanks for reporting Taro!, I think we're getting a good UI Set with Jewel, just need to continue enhancing and fixing it to become each day better and better :)

Re: TourDeJewel on IE11

Taro.Yu
Hi Carlos

Carlos Rovira-2 wrote
> Right, that's the problem. Don't know if you can update iOS and Safari to
> more recent version that includes 11.1
> Other option could be for that older iPads to try to install Google
> Chrome.
> Don't know if that could bring you a supported browser
> can you try?

The old iPad(3rd) can not upgrade iOS more than 9.3.5, and Chrome can not
update too.

Carlos Rovira-2 wrote
> Right! I was aware of the Alert issue, forgot to mention.
> Maybe you could try to fix some of them in the JewelTheme SASS? or maybe
> in
> code?
> Let me know if you want to try some of this. Some of them could be
> relatively easy to find and fix
> and could be a task where community can invest little time and submit
> patches to fix.

I am afraid I don't have time to fix...my boss assign me a lot of job.
if I have time to fix it, will let you know first. :)

Re: TourDeJewel on IE11

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Taro,

Greg fixed Alert and DataContainer issues in IE11, so we have fewer issues now! :)

El dom., 7 abr. 2019 a las 12:11, Taro.Yu (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi Carlos

Carlos Rovira-2 wrote