Using (mxmlc) compiler after modification

Using (mxmlc) compiler after modification

After searching the codebase, i found that org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.codegen.js.jx.BinaryOperatorEmitter is using enum DatePropertiesGetters and in this class toUpper is used 3 times. May be it can be changed to toUpperCase(Locale.ENGLISH)

I changed this class in my local path :  apache-royale-0.9.4-bin-js-swf\royale-compiler\compiler-jx and compiled with maven and finished iwth ssuccess. But i am not sure how to test new compiler :)

I need to test the compiler after rebuilding with maven (\apache-royale-0.9.4-bin-js-swf\royale-compiler). How can i do ?

Thanks in advance.

Serkan.

Re: Using (mxmlc) compiler after modification

Alex Harui-2

If you build the compiler with Maven, it is expected that you will build the application with Maven as well.

If you build the compiler with Ant, it is expected that you will build the application with Ant.

That said, in the nightly builds, the compiler Jars are copied into royale-asjs/lib and royale-asjs/js/lib so you could grab the Maven artifacts and rename them and overwrite the Ant ones.  I haven’t tried that, but in theory it should work.

Serkan.

Re: Using (mxmlc) compiler after modification

I am using maven for both. The source code i modified is under project "compiler-jx". An the generated jar is : compiler-jx-0.9.4-SNAPSHOT.jar

I colud not be able find the place to put this jar beacuse there is no jar in royale-asjs\lib or royale-asjs\js\lib containing "compiler-jx" in name :)

Thanx

Serkan

Serkan.

Re: Using (mxmlc) compiler after modification

Alex Harui-2

When you use Maven to compile the application it will load up the jars from the local repository.  No lib or js/lib folder is needed for Maven.  I thought I saw that you are using js/bin/mxmlc to compile from the command line which won’t pick up the Maven jars.

The code that is calling toUpper may be in third party code, like JBurg which may be why your change isn’t making a difference.  BinaryOperatorEmitter only handles certain binary operator expressions.

Serkan.

Re: Using (mxmlc) compiler after modification

Serkan Taş

You are right, I am using mxlmc for compiling application.

I mean compiling compiler project (compiler-jx)  with maven, not my compiling my application with maven.

if compiler-jx folder under royale-compiler depends on 3rd party than ok.

Serkan.

Re: Using (mxmlc) compiler after modification

Alex Harui-2

Hi Serkan,

Looking at the error again, it appears to be a Java issue and not that the compiler calling toUpper.  Or maybe the source file for BinaryOperatorEmiitter doesn’t have a file-encoding. So you may need to set those options in MAVEN_OPTS and/or ANT_OPTS in order to get it to work.

Serkan.

Re: Using (mxmlc) compiler after modification

Serkan Taş

I checked some maven plugins to set the locale through pom but could not find any option available for flex code generator plugins.

I am going to contuniue setting maven options through env within batch sripts.

thanks.

Serkan