Work on Emulation

1234 ... 10

Work on Emulation

alina kazi-2

Hi Alex,

Our management has given another resource to work on Emulation.

Once I will be able to release the Apache Royale build using Ant . Me &  my Colleague We Both will learn & start working on Emulations

This Thread We will use to Learn Emulation.

Thanks,

Alina Kazi

Re: Work on Emulation

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Alina,

That is great news!!!

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018, 07:54 Alina Kazi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Alex,

Our management has given another resource to work on Emulation.

Once I will be able to release the Apache Royale build using Ant . Me &  my Colleague We Both will learn & start working on Emulations

This Thread We will use to Learn Emulation.

Thanks,

Alina Kazi

RE: Work on Emulation

alina kazi-2

Hi Alex,

I am ready to start work.

Which Component should I start from the below given link :

https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/Emulation-Components

If any Help/Guide/Example is Available other than the above given link.

Please Share.

Thanks in Advance.

Alina Kazi

Alina Kazi

RE: Work on Emulation

alina kazi-2

Hi Alex,

Which file Should I take as an Example that is already ported to Apache Royale at initial stage to create emulation?

e.g.,

flex

https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/blob/master/frameworks/projects/mx/src/mx/controls/CheckBox.as

royale

https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/feature/MXRoyale/frameworks/projects/MXRoyale/src/main/royale/mx/controls/CheckBox.as

Thanks,

Alina Kazi

Alina Kazi

Re: Work on Emulation

Peter Ent
Hi Alina,

I'm working with Alex on the emulation examples. If you checkout the git repo branch, feature/MXRoyale, you will find all of our work so far.

I am currently working on improving Button and Label. You could probably work to improve CheckBox.

You will also find in that branch two examples: examples/MXRoyale/HelloWorld and ControlsExample. I've been using ControlsExample to test my items, so perhaps you could make a new example, like CheckBoxExample, to make it easier to focus on that component (just copy ControlsExample and then change the names).

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,
Peter Ent
Adobe Systems/Apache Royale Project

Alina Kazi

Re: Work on Emulation

Alex Harui-2
It occurs to me that we need some writeable place for Alina.  I don't think we can give her write access to the wiki.

Alina, can you open an issue in GitHub and list each component, one component per line?  We don't need the list of APIs, just the class names.  Then when you start on a component, you can put your name next to it.  We will do the same.

I'm less concerned about getting the components to run than just getting them to compile.  So once you can follow the instructions to subset a component and it compiles, then you can submit that as a pull request.  If your colleague can do the same, that would be even better.

Alina Kazi

RE: Work on Emulation

alina kazi-2

Hi Peter,

I tried emulation examples MXRoyale/HelloWorld and ControlsExample and compiled them successfully.

Sure, I will create some examples definitely.

Thank you.

-Alina

Alina Kazi

Re: Work on Emulation

Alex Harui-2
Hi Alina,

Let's get organized first.  Please open a GitHub Issue and list the components we need to emulate and put your name down by the ones you want to start with.

If you compare an MXRoyale component like CheckBox against the Flex SDK's CheckBox and compare to the API report I posted a while back, you should be able to see how and why we created the MXRoyale CheckBox and do the same for some other component.

Alina Kazi

RE: Work on Emulation

alina kazi-2

Issue Raised on Git Hub .

List of API’s to Re write :

https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/issues/136

My colleague will be available onwards 16 April , due to some reason. Apology for that.

Thanks,

Alina Kazi

It occurs to me that we need some writeable place for Alina.  I don't think we can give her write access to the wiki.

Alina, can you open an issue in GitHub and list each component, one component per line?  We don't need the list of APIs, just the class names.  Then when you start on a component, you can put your name next to it.  We will do the same.

I'm less concerned about getting the components to run than just getting them to compile.  So once you can follow the instructions to subset a component and it compiles, then you can submit that as a pull request.  If your colleague can do the same, that would be even better.

Alina Kazi

RE: Work on Emulation

alina kazi-2

I am going to start with mx.controls.Alert

Is it ok?

Thanks,

Alina

Let's get organized first.  Please open a GitHub Issue and list the components we need to emulate and put your name down by the ones you want to start with.

If you compare an MXRoyale component like CheckBox against the Flex SDK's CheckBox and compare to the API report I posted a while back, you should be able to see how and why we created the MXRoyale CheckBox and do the same for some other component.

Alina Kazi

RE: Work on Emulation

alina kazi-2

Created a CheckBox Example and compiled it with Royale SDK

Is it ok?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aihmei1sooq1ddr/CheckBoxExample.zip?dl=0

-Alina Kazi

Alina Kazi

Re: Work on Emulation

Alex Harui-2
Please mark a component BEFORE you start working on it, not after you complete it.  Otherwise more than one person might start working on a component.  Maybe we can change the font once it is done or mark it some other way, but the main goal is to prevent duplication of work.

Alina, feel free to start with Alert, but that might require doing Panel and TitleWindow first.

RE: Work on Emulation

alina kazi-2

Ok Piotr

RE: Work on Emulation

alina kazi-2

Hi ,

Like Alert, TitleWindow and extends Panel , Panel extends Container.

I think I should start with a Basic Component.

It is requested to All, put your name next to the component that is completed.

Also when you start on a component,  put your name next to it : Status(e.g. Completed)

So, it will be easy for all of us to pick a new component and start working on it.

https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/issues/136

Thanks ,

Alina Kazi

Please mark a component BEFORE you start working on it, not after you complete it.  Otherwise more than one person might start working on a component.  Maybe we can change the font once it is done or mark it some other way, but the main goal is to prevent duplication of work.

Alina, feel free to start with Alert, but that might require doing Panel and TitleWindow first.

RE: Work on Emulation

alina kazi-2

Hi Alex,

I am trying to Create Emulation for mx\events\ListEvent

I am sharing my code.

Please correct me if anything is incorrect.

Source Link for both flex and Royale  ListEvent file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewogru08tut77cw/flexnRoyaleListEvent.zip?dl=0

Thanks,

Alina

Please mark a component BEFORE you start working on it, not after you complete it.  Otherwise more than one person might start working on a component.  Maybe we can change the font once it is done or mark it some other way, but the main goal is to prevent duplication of work.

Alina, feel free to start with Alert, but that might require doing Panel and TitleWindow first.

RE: Work on Emulation

alina kazi-2

Alex,

Latest ListEvent file Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6k0gpv4jttu5toj/ListEvent.as?dl=0

What is the Alternate for itemRenderer?

Thanks in Advance.

Alina Kazi

Please mark a component BEFORE you start working on it, not after you complete it.  Otherwise more than one person might start working on a component.  Maybe we can change the font once it is done or mark it some other way, but the main goal is to prevent duplication of work.

Alina, feel free to start with Alert, but that might require doing Panel and TitleWindow first.

Re: Work on Emulation

Peter Ent
Hi,

You will have to bring over IListItemRenderer. IRoyaleEvent is available so the clone function should be OK to use.
—peter

From: Alina Kazi <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 7:48 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Alex,

Latest ListEvent file Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6k0gpv4jttu5toj/ListEvent.as?dl=0

What is the Alternate for itemRenderer?

Thanks in Advance.

Alina Kazi

Please mark a component BEFORE you start working on it, not after you complete it.  Otherwise more than one person might start working on a component.  Maybe we can change the font once it is done or mark it some other way, but the main goal is to prevent duplication of work.

Alina, feel free to start with Alert, but that might require doing Panel and TitleWindow first.

Re: Work on Emulation

Peter Ent
I didn't see how to put my name next to anything but I did check off the items that are either in the process of being ported or that have been ported.
I'm going to be doing ToolTip now as that is affecting button clicks.

—peter

Please mark a component BEFORE you start working on it, not after you complete it.  Otherwise more than one person might start working on a component.  Maybe we can change the font once it is done or mark it some other way, but the main goal is to prevent duplication of work.

Alina, feel free to start with Alert, but that might require doing Panel and TitleWindow first.

Re: Work on Emulation

Piotr Zarzycki
Peter,

You need to edit description. You can also assign to you that ticket and Alex.