dts2as (archived) + ECharts

hiedra

Hello,

I would like to try to generate the ECharts 5 [3] library typedefs in actionscript. I consulted the list and Carlos kindly pointed me to a plugin that Josh had created, dt2as [1]. I have read the documentation and the forums but I don't get any results. The project is archived and the documentation referenced [2] is no longer available.

I have seen that it was used with FlexJS and the Moonshine IDE but I don't know if I could use it with the latest version of ts to generate the .as files

Could someone please tell me if it is worth the effort, could it be successful or are there too many drawbacks?

My knowledge of ts is summarized in concepts, I have never worked with him. Maybe my purpose is too big for me ...

Any documentation you can refer to for example of dts2as?

[1] https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/dts2as

[2] http://nextgenactionscript.com/tutorials/dts2as-typescript-definitions-with-actionscript/

[3] https://github.com/DefinitelyTyped/DefinitelyTyped/tree/a865292381692db5a126e668403e6afb894695d2/types/echarts

Thx.

Hiedra.

Re: dts2as (archived) + ECharts

yishayw
Hi Maria,

As far as I know dt2as is no longer maintained. It could be that creating typedefs manually, or even writing your own conversion script is your best bet. There is a tool [1] to convert dts to externs, which our compiler can then turn into typedefs, but I don't know if it will work in this case.

that was my first choice but I didn't find any utility that generates as3 from TypeScript, I've just found the opposite "from as3 to TypeScript" ... I'll look again. If Josh had something and could share it, it would be nice.

Thanks Carlos, I'm still here.

Hiedra

RE: dts2as (archived) + ECharts

hiedra

Hi Yishay, thanks for the help…

I'm reading the documentation and of course, I lack a lot of knowledge to "understand" what is proposed ... I do not have your knowledge ... I think that in order to "do something" I have to understand what I am doing or what "I should do" and it is the case 😝

Basic concepts like extern or Closure I don't handle them correctly, so my will be my first step ... "understand"

Thank you very much Yishay, what little I have read "gives me good vibes" 😝 and I am going to investigate it in more detail.

Hiedra

As far as I know dt2as is no longer maintained. It could be that creating typedefs manually, or even writing your own conversion script is your best bet. There is a tool [1] to convert dts to externs, which our compiler can then turn into typedefs, but I don't know if it will work in this case.

that was my first choice but I didn't find any utility that generates as3 from TypeScript, I've just found the opposite "from as3 to TypeScript" ... I'll look again. If Josh had something and could share it, it would be nice.

Thanks Carlos, I'm still here.

Hiedra

Re: dts2as (archived) + ECharts

yishayw
Hi Maria,

Unfortunately,  it is a bit difficult to put all the pieces together. The readme [1] has some introductory information that might be helpful. Feel free to ask specific questions and we'll do our best to help.

Yishay

As far as I know dt2as is no longer maintained. It could be that creating typedefs manually, or even writing your own conversion script is your best bet. There is a tool [1] to convert dts to externs, which our compiler can then turn into typedefs, but I don't know if it will work in this case.

that was my first choice but I didn't find any utility that generates as3 from TypeScript, I've just found the opposite "from as3 to TypeScript" ... I'll look again. If Josh had something and could share it, it would be nice.

Thanks Carlos, I'm still here.

Hiedra

RE: dts2as (archived) + ECharts

hiedra

I am convinced that understanding what is being done "everything comes out".

Right now all my time I am focusing on "solving the problems that have suddenly arisen with the libraries" because I have not been able to work for 2 weeks and my boss is a bit desperate, hahahha but he does not know that "I am more desperate than him ”😝

As soon as we can fix the current problems I'll get on with this.

Many thanks for everything. I will inform you of the progress.

Hiedra

Unfortunately,  it is a bit difficult to put all the pieces together. The readme [1] has some introductory information that might be helpful. Feel free to ask specific questions and we'll do our best to help.

Yishay

Apache Royale TypeDefs. Contribute to apache/royale-typedefs development by creating an account on GitHub.

github.com

Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile

Re: dts2as (archived) + ECharts

yishayw
Hi Ramzan,

Yes, I think you mentioned that before. If you can demonstrate how to create echarts typedefs that way that would be awesome.

Yishay

Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile

RE: dts2as (archived) + ECharts

hiedra

I really want to be able to dedicate time to this task ... 😝

Hiedra

Yes, I think you mentioned that before. If you can demonstrate how to create echarts typedefs that way that would be awesome.

Yishay

As far as I know dt2as is no longer maintained. It could be that creating typedefs manually, or even writing your own conversion script is your best bet. There is a tool [1] to convert dts to externs, which our compiler can then turn into typedefs, but I don't know if it will work in this case.

that was my first choice but I didn't find any utility that generates as3 from TypeScript, I've just found the opposite "from as3 to TypeScript" ... I'll look again. If Josh had something and could share it, it would be nice.

Thanks Carlos, I'm still here.

Hiedra

Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile

Re: dts2as (archived) + ECharts

Ramazan Ergüder Bekrek
I don't have the time right now but you can follow the link here and get used to it.

https://community.haxe.org/t/use-typescript-definitions-with-haxe-dts2hx-is-ready-to-use/2440

With Haxe it is easy to compile to AS3 source code.

Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile

RE: dts2as (archived) + ECharts

hiedra

Hello, I have resumed this task, first I have tried “Ts-to-goog” but I think something is missing or I am not doing something right because it gives me an “invalid package” error:

1.- Descargo https://honzabrecka.com/public/generator-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT-standalone.jar y lo renombro a “gen.jar”

2.- instalo @types/echarts y @types/zrender (dependencia de echarts). Este es el log:

Microsoft Windows [Versión 10.0.19041.867]

(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. Todos los derechos reservados.

D:\Develop_Royale\Projects\mjesteve>npm install --save @types/zrender

npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'D:\Develop_Royale\Projects\mjesteve\package.json'

npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'D:\Develop_Royale\Projects\mjesteve\package.json'

npm WARN mjesteve No description

npm WARN mjesteve No repository field.

npm WARN mjesteve No README data

npm WARN mjesteve No license field.

+ @types/zrender@4.0.0

added 1 package from 1 contributor, removed 3 packages and audited 1 package in 0.439s

found 0 vulnerabilities

D:\Develop_Royale\Projects\mjesteve>npm install --save @types/echarts

npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'D:\Develop_Royale\Projects\mjesteve\package.json'

npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'D:\Develop_Royale\Projects\mjesteve\package.json'

npm WARN mjesteve No description

npm WARN mjesteve No repository field.

npm WARN mjesteve No README data

npm WARN mjesteve No license field.

+ @types/echarts@4.9.6

added 1 package from 10 contributors and audited 2 packages in 0.446s

found 0 vulnerabilities

After this, in the folder I created a subfolder ./node_modules: [1]

└───@types

    ├───echarts

    │   │   index.d.ts

    │   │   LICENSE

    │   │   package.json

    │   │   README.md

    │   │

    │   └───options

    │       │   axis-pointer.d.ts

    │       │   calendar.d.ts

    │       │   color.d.ts

    │       │   data-zoom.d.ts

    │       │   dataset.d.ts

    │       │   grid.d.ts

    │       │   index.d.ts

    │       │   legend.d.ts

    │       │   line-style.d.ts

    │       │   single-axis.d.ts

    │       │   text-style.d.ts

    │       │   tooltip.d.ts

    │       │   visual-map.d.ts

    │       │   x-axis.d.ts

    │       │   y-axis.d.ts

    │       │

    │       └───series

    │               bar.d.ts

    │               boxplot.d.ts

    │               candlestick.d.ts

    │               custom.d.ts

    │               effect-scatter.d.ts

    │               funnel.d.ts

    │               gauge.d.ts

    │               graph.d.ts

    │               heatmap.d.ts

    │               line.d.ts

    │               lines.d.ts

    │               map.d.ts

    │               parallel.d.ts

    │               pictorial-bar.d.ts

    │               pie.d.ts

    │               radar.d.ts

    │               sankey.d.ts

   │               scatter.d.ts

    │               sunburst.d.ts

    │               theme-river.d.ts

    │               tree.d.ts

    │               treemap.d.ts

    │

    └───zrender

            index.d.ts

            LICENSE

            package.json

            README.md

In addition, in the root directory it has created a file "package-lock.json": [1]

{

  "requires": true,

  "lockfileVersion": 1,

  "dependencies": {

    "@types/echarts": {

      "version": "4.9.6",

      "resolved": "https://registry.npmjs.org/@types/echarts/-/echarts-4.9.6.tgz",

      "integrity": "sha512-QdTNGf5uvQouernGelP78De3ltnGUBUeVrgSk0F5prFHif5O85gYF48w4soEBzfM3TrWplWsfexBOhZdB1G7kg==",

      "requires": {

        "@types/zrender": "*"

      }

    },

    "@types/zrender": {

      "version": "4.0.0",

      "resolved": "https://registry.npmjs.org/@types/zrender/-/zrender-4.0.0.tgz",

      "integrity": "sha512-s89GOIeKFiod2KSqHkfd2rzx+T2DVu7ihZCBEBnhFrzvQPUmzvDSBot9Fi1DfMQm9Odg+rTqoMGC38RvrwJK2w=="

3.- (Muevo el fichero gen.jar dentro de node_modules) y lanzo la generación:

D:\Develop_Royale\Projects\mjesteve\node_modules>java -jar gen.jar @types\zrender

Invalid package.

D:\Develop_Royale\Projects\mjesteve\node_modules>java -jar gen.jar @types\echarts

Invalid package.

I understand that the error is because the existing "package.json" files in ./@types/zrender and echarts do not have the expected format (maybe they are in a later version). I got the file echarts.extern.js [2] from a 2017 version [3] but of course, it doesn't work for us

[1] https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nrk5kVIKEA3lMTUuaHqJ5N2IrTgAiGDi?usp=sharing – “node_modules.zip”

[2] https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nrk5kVIKEA3lMTUuaHqJ5N2IrTgAiGDi?usp=sharing – “echarts.extern.js”

[3] https://github.com/honzabrecka/ts-to-goog/tree/c7b2177e6d678ceb58e7071835501611016583cf

The repo is archived, I don't know who I could ask. Can you tell me if the package.json files are well built?

I'm going to look at “tsickle” that used ts-to-goog in case I discover something, and then I'll look at the reference that Ramazan has passed, dts2hx, but first I'll have to see how I have to configure my environment to work with Haxe 😝

Hiedra

Yes, I think you mentioned that before. If you can demonstrate how to create echarts typedefs that way that would be awesome.

Yishay

As far as I know dt2as is no longer maintained. It could be that creating typedefs manually, or even writing your own conversion script is your best bet. There is a tool [1] to convert dts to externs, which our compiler can then turn into typedefs, but I don't know if it will work in this case.

that was my first choice but I didn't find any utility that generates as3 from TypeScript, I've just found the opposite "from as3 to TypeScript" ... I'll look again. If Josh had something and could share it, it would be nice.

Thanks Carlos, I'm still here.

Hiedra

Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile

RE: dts2as (archived) + ECharts

hiedra

A quick question…

Could we use the packages from CLJSJS [1] [2]?

[1]  http://cljsjs.github.io/

[2]  https://github.com/cljsjs/packages/tree/master/echarts

Thx.

Hiedra

Yes, I think you mentioned that before. If you can demonstrate how to create echarts typedefs that way that would be awesome.

Yishay

As far as I know dt2as is no longer maintained. It could be that creating typedefs manually, or even writing your own conversion script is your best bet. There is a tool [1] to convert dts to externs, which our compiler can then turn into typedefs, but I don't know if it will work in this case.

that was my first choice but I didn't find any utility that generates as3 from TypeScript, I've just found the opposite "from as3 to TypeScript" ... I'll look again. If Josh had something and could share it, it would be nice.

Thanks Carlos, I'm still here.

Hiedra

Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile

RE: dts2as (archived) + ECharts

hiedra

Hello, these are the advances ...

- We have @ types / echarts and @ types / zrender (TypeScript)

- We have the external Haxe generated.

Now, I understand that we have two options:

1) Convert haxe code to as3

2) Convert Haxe externals into Closure js externals ??????

I am trying to convert haxe externals to as3, although I am having problems (since version 4.0.1, as3 is no longer included in Haxe)

Any comment or guide will be well received.

Are options 1 and 2 feasible and / or correct? If they do see them as possible ... option 1 or option 2 better?

Thx

Hiedra

Yes, I think you mentioned that before. If you can demonstrate how to create echarts typedefs that way that would be awesome.

Yishay

As far as I know dt2as is no longer maintained. It could be that creating typedefs manually, or even writing your own conversion script is your best bet. There is a tool [1] to convert dts to externs, which our compiler can then turn into typedefs, but I don't know if it will work in this case.

that was my first choice but I didn't find any utility that generates as3 from TypeScript, I've just found the opposite "from as3 to TypeScript" ... I'll look again. If Josh had something and could share it, it would be nice.

Thanks Carlos, I'm still here.

Hiedra

Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile

RE: dts2as (archived) + ECharts

Bilbosax
Congratulations Hiedra!  I really like your tenacity.

I don't have anything to contribute, but I know that the Haxe communities
are very active, so if you don't get an answer you are seeking here, they
might have some information for you over there.

Best of Luck!  And keep us posted.  Very exciting.