excludeFrom vs visible & includeInLayout

excludeFrom vs visible & includeInLayout

Serkan Taş
Hi Herbs,

As you mentioned before, after updating the latest sources from github my actual problem is clearly related with the state concept, especially excludeFrom.

According to your advises I tried using  visible & includeInLayout,

eg. :

<s:Group id="mainApp" width="100%" height="100%" visible="false" includeInLayout="false" >

It did not work because when using
excludeFrom the component is not created until the state is changed. But with the second option the component is created, and due to architecture of my application flow,
throws exceptions related with created components that shouldn't be.

I have 2 options :

1. Reconstruct my whole application as the excludeFrom will never work
2. Try to find out why
excludeFrom is not working

Which why should I go through ?

Thanks.

Re: excludeFrom vs visible & includeInLayout

Alex Harui-2

We want to understand why excludeFrom is not working.  If you can create a simple test case, that would be great, otherwise let’s try to debug a public version.  Instead of paying for hosting, if you can create a version that doesn’t require server-side processing, then you can just upload the HTML/JS/CSS files to DropBox or some other account.

Re: excludeFrom vs visible & includeInLayout

Sometime it is really difficult to create test cases but for the actual case, I created a sample application.

Basically, there is a button to toggle the header and footer components show/hide with setting the state. You can see the strange behavior.

Also there are commented parts that do the same thing with
visible & includeInLayout rather than state change, which is working as expected.

Here is the js-debug output : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oF7OIXuGTfLvqM8mtWGSaKiT8C6lQhb5

Thanks
Serkan

13.10.2019 09:43 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:

We want to understand why excludeFrom is not working.  If you can create a simple test case, that would be great, otherwise let’s try to debug a public version.  Instead of paying for hosting, if you can create a version that doesn’t require server-side processing, then you can just upload the HTML/JS/CSS files to DropBox or some other account.

Re: excludeFrom vs visible & includeInLayout

Alex Harui-2

Hi Serkan,

I looked at this sample.  The problem appears to be that the header appears at the bottom.  In debugging the code, I noticed that the StatesWithTransitionsImpl is not in sync with the SimpleStatesImpl.  Yishay added support for position==”first” to SimpleStatesImpl but apparently forgot to add it to StatesWithTransitionsImpl.

I’m at the end of my workday, so maybe you or some other volunteer can make that change and see if it solves your problem.