flex access modifier and usage within library

flex access modifier and usage within library

I extracted the sources of fds.swc and library class ConcreteDataService.as uses method mx_internal function setResult(newResult:Object):void .

public function applyChangedItems(changedItems:ChangedItems) : AsyncToken
      {
         var applyToken:AsyncTokenChain = null;
         var refreshAllLocalFills:Function = function():void
         {
            var currDataList:DataList = null;
            for each(currDataList in _dataLists.toArray())
            {
               applyToken.addPendingInvocation(refreshLocalFill,currDataList);
            }
         };
         applyToken = new AsyncTokenChain();
         applyToken.setResult(changedItems);

According to the definition of the method in
mx.rpc.AsyncToken the function is private and i can not compile the fds.

In flex, the fsd.swc is included in my project and everything is working fine. How can this happen any idea ?

Thanks,
Serkan

Re: flex access modifier and usage within library

Alex Harui-2

Hi Serkan,

I’m not sure where you found the source for ConcreteDataService.  I didn’t think the code in fds.swc was open source.

Regarding your specific question, when I look at the emulation for AsyncToken, setResult is already mx_internal and not private.  Does ConcreteDataService have:

import mx.core.mx_internal;

use namespace mx_internal;

That said, the key question for you is what part of FDS you are using?  We have RemoteObject working with AMF, but I think FDS has other protocols.  If you didn’t go with Royale, what would you have done to access the server?  Whatever that is, you should put that together and wrap it in Royale APIs and replace fds.swc.

Serkan

Re: flex access modifier and usage within library

I used a de-compiler for extraction of the classes that is way i am keeping it separately.

I am not sure how the fds is used for now, because my project does not directly refer the library but the fiber which is i am dependent.

I am accessing to the server direct http post/get via HttpService.

If i can compile successfully fiber adn have more control over the libraries i may have the ability to wrap all in Royale and remove fds.swc.

Note : I am waiting your confirmation for the PR.

Thanks,
Serkan.

7.11.2018 08:31 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:

Hi Serkan,

I’m not sure where you found the source for ConcreteDataService.  I didn’t think the code in fds.swc was open source.

Regarding your specific question, when I look at the emulation for AsyncToken, setResult is already mx_internal and not private.  Does ConcreteDataService have:

import mx.core.mx_internal;

use namespace mx_internal;

That said, the key question for you is what part of FDS you are using?  We have RemoteObject working with AMF, but I think FDS has other protocols.  If you didn’t go with Royale, what would you have done to access the server?  Whatever that is, you should put that together and wrap it in Royale APIs and replace fds.swc.

Re: flex access modifier and usage within library

adding

import mx.core.mx_internal;

use namespace mx_internal;

solved compile problem.

Thanks,
Serkan

7.11.2018 22:00 tarihinde Serkan Taş yazdı:
Hi Alex,

[...]

I didn’t think the Fiber code was open source either.  De-compiling is probably not in conformance with the Adobe license agreement.

If you are using HTTPService with Fiber, it is probably in your best interest to identify the API surface of Fiber that you need and start from empty files and fill in only what you need.  De-compiling is going to probably create a lot of unnecessary dependencies.

To do that, remove the Fiber classes and FDS.swc see what compiler errors you get.  Then only bring in the APIs the compiler complains about, just like we are doing for many of the other emulation components.  The implementation can be empty for now.  Once you figure out what APIs you need, let’s take a closer look at them and see if you really need them.  IIRC, Fiber does a lot of wrapping but I’m not sure you really need it.

-Alex