flexlib

T-san
Our Flex Web application uses flexlib.  It consists of mostly .as and .png files.  The rest are three .fla and .swf each.

In .as files “import flash.xxx.yyy” are declared.

Can flexlib be used with Apache Royale somehow?  If so, what kind of modifications are required?

If it cannot be used, what are recommended alternatives?

Appreciate your advice.
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: flexlib

Alex Harui-2

Well, FlexLIb can’t be used as is because it depends on flash APIs and some lower-level Flex APIs.  It would have to be migrated/emulated similar to how the MXRoyale and SparkRoyale work is going.  Some FlexLib components will be more work to emulate than others.  Sometimes most of the existing code can be used, in other places it might need a major rewrite.

If you want to take on the migration of FlexLib to Royale that would be great.  We’ll help you along the way.  I’m sure you are not the only person who will use it.  Do you know which components you use?

-Alex

武下 祥一郎

RE: flexlib

yishayw

Yup. One of our prospective clients is using FlexLib as well.

Well, FlexLIb can’t be used as is because it depends on flash APIs and some lower-level Flex APIs.  It would have to be migrated/emulated similar to how the MXRoyale and SparkRoyale work is going.  Some FlexLib components will be more work to emulate than others.  Sometimes most of the existing code can be used, in other places it might need a major rewrite.

If you want to take on the migration of FlexLib to Royale that would be great.  We’ll help you along the way.  I’m sure you are not the only person who will use it.  Do you know which components you use?

-Alex

Re: flexlib

T-san
Alex, our application does not use flexlib so much.
By scanning the source code, I could find the following cases.
As to A and B, I'm sure flexlib functions are used.
However, as to C, D, and E, I could not find the possible use of the flexlib functions.

At present, I think the emulation work load is not so big for our application to support cases A to E.
Would you please advise the basic approach to develop the emulation code?
I will study it.  Thanks.

    xmlns:ns="flexlib.mdi.containers.*
    import flexlib.mdi.containers.MDICanvas;

B:
    import flexlib.mdi.events.MDIWindowEvent;

c:
    xmlns:layout="flexlib.scheduling.scheduleClasses.layout.*"

D:
    import flexlib.scheduling.scheduleClasses.utils.Selection;

E:
    import flexlib.containers.VAccordion;

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 5:36 PM Yishay Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yup. One of our prospective clients is using FlexLib as well.

Well, FlexLIb can’t be used as is because it depends on flash APIs and some lower-level Flex APIs.  It would have to be migrated/emulated similar to how the MXRoyale and SparkRoyale work is going.  Some FlexLib components will be more work to emulate than others.  Sometimes most of the existing code can be used, in other places it might need a major rewrite.

If you want to take on the migration of FlexLib to Royale that would be great.  We’ll help you along the way.  I’m sure you are not the only person who will use it.  Do you know which components you use?

-Alex

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: flexlib

Alex Harui-2

I quickly wrote down my thoughts on migrating things like flexlib here: https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/Creating-A-High-Level-Emulation-Component

It will probably need editing as you try it and we discover patterns that are useful.

FWIW, there is an older document I just updated here: https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/Emulation-Components

However, I don’t think that applies to flexlib.  At least from my quick look at MDIWindow, it is a high-level component.

Well, FlexLIb can’t be used as is because it depends on flash APIs and some lower-level Flex APIs.  It would have to be migrated/emulated similar to how the MXRoyale and SparkRoyale work is going.  Some FlexLib components will be more work to emulate than others.  Sometimes most of the existing code can be used, in other places it might need a major rewrite.

If you want to take on the migration of FlexLib to Royale that would be great.  We’ll help you along the way.  I’m sure you are not the only person who will use it.  Do you know which components you use?

-Alex

武下 祥一郎

Re: flexlib

T-san
Alex, thanks.

I will ask questions at Developers Forum.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 6:31 PM Alex Harui <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: flexlib