installing royale 0.9.2 sdk

Mandeep Sarma
are there any current instruction on how to install apache royale 0.9.2?
when I download apache royale 0.9.2 for JS and Flash Application and I try to connect the sdk to Flash Builder I get an error: Directory does not contain a Flex SDK

Re: installing royale 0.9.2 sdk

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Mandeep,

There is an instruction on Royale Wiki [1]. Try it out and let us know!

are there any current instruction on how to install apache royale 0.9.2?
when I download apache royale 0.9.2 for JS and Flash Application and I try to connect the sdk to Flash Builder I get an error: Directory does not contain a Flex SDK

Re: installing royale 0.9.2 sdk

Mandeep Sarma
thx for the replies, I have tried the instructions for the royale-asjs/wiki (Windows 10)  but I get an error "FLEX_HOME bust be set to use the flex Ant Tasks"
Flex_Home is this a Windows' system environment variable or is it in one of the build files?

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 1:36 PM, Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]> wrote:
Along Piotr link another one for new comers is

best

Hi Mandeep,

There is an instruction on Royale Wiki [1]. Try it out and let us know!

are there any current instruction on how to install apache royale 0.9.2?
when I download apache royale 0.9.2 for JS and Flash Application and I try to connect the sdk to Flash Builder I get an error: Directory does not contain a Flex SDK

Re: installing royale 0.9.2 sdk

Mandeep Sarma
the instructions to install js/swf sdk on Windows 10 in the wiki don't work nor the instructions in the readme file.
maven gives errors
ant gives errors -> the file AdobeAIRSDK.zip is in the Downloads directory (

FYI I tried both the binary and tried to build from source

I spent my weekend + today on this, I'm tapping out.

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Mandeep Sarma <[hidden email]> wrote:
thx for the replies, I have tried the instructions for the royale-asjs/wiki (Windows 10)  but I get an error "FLEX_HOME bust be set to use the flex Ant Tasks"
Flex_Home is this a Windows' system environment variable or is it in one of the build files?

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 1:36 PM, Carlos Rovira <[hidden email]> wrote:
Along Piotr link another one for new comers is

best

Hi Mandeep,

There is an instruction on Royale Wiki [1]. Try it out and let us know!

are there any current instruction on how to install apache royale 0.9.2?
when I download apache royale 0.9.2 for JS and Flash Application and I try to connect the sdk to Flash Builder I get an error: Directory does not contain a Flex SDK

Re: installing royale 0.9.2 sdk

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi Mandeep,

So you have Flex SDK downloaded somewhere ?

Setup environment variable to FLEX_HOME and AIR_HOME to flex folder.

And try again point to the SDK in your IDE.
Additionally I really recommend you to use IDE which fully supports Royale - Moonshine or VSCode. You won't loose so much time.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 5:20 AM Mandeep Sarma <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

for the benefit of others as I'm not going to look at this for a while:

So you have Flex SDK downloaded somewhere ? Yes, I tried the binary, the source and even the nightly builds

Setup environment variable to FLEX_HOME and AIR_HOME to flex folder: AIR_HOME = yes. AIR AIR_HOME = D:\AdobeAIRSDK. 've use AIR for a long time, that's where it's always been.

FLEX_HOME = "I took a guess" I searched but I could never find what the value is, or which values it should have. I took a stab at it and set a windows environment variable to the Flex SDK directory:royale-asjs

And try again point to the SDK in your IDE: Flash builder does not see directory royale-asjs as an SDK.
RE for SWF output playerglobal.swc I have both 11.1 and 11.7. Adobe AIR SDK I downloaded the one without the new compiler.

ant script InstallAdobeSDKs.xml: for me it never found AdobeAIRSDK.zip in the Downloads directory, even though it was there.

as for moonshine 1.11 (by this time I might have messed things up trying to get ant to execute the build script) it's looking for a jar file in the wrong location.

scripts look for it in a directory "x\0.0\" I put 11.7 there

: Compiling test004
: Using Royale Compiler codebase: D:\apache-royale-0.9.2\royale-compiler\compiler-jx
: Using Royale SDK: D:\apache-royale-0.9.2\royale-asjs
: Error: Unable to access jarfile D:\apache-royale-0.9.2\royale-compiler\compiler-jx\js\lib\mxmlc.jar

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 1:08 AM, Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mandeep,

I just downloaded Royale 9.2 with SWF, JS support. Point "\royale-asjs\" in Moonshine, created project and build as JavaScript. Everything went smooth without any problem. If you pont FLEX_HOME to Apache Flex SDK not AIR SDK itself you should be good.

Other option is to download JS only version and point in the Moonshine it should also work.

[...]

Couple of things:

Royale shouldn’t care about FLEX_HOME anymore.  I think you can use ROYALE_HOME, but shouldn’t need to in most cases.

What is the full path to your Downloads folder?  Maybe the script doesn’t know how to find it.

From: Mandeep Sarma <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 7:54 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: installing royale 0.9.2 sdk

ant script InstallAdobeSDKs.xml: for me it never found AdobeAIRSDK.zip in the Downloads directory, even though it was there.

as for moonshine 1.11 (by this time I might have messed things up trying to get ant to execute the build script) it's looking for a jar file in the wrong location.
cid:ii_jgdsgzkh1_162f823ca620b065
[...]

cid:ii_jgd3fgtu0_162f5a201bcaada5

cid:ii_jgd3ghbk1_162f5a2b91707753

cid:ii_jgd3hadx2_162f5a34ad09fdd7

[...]

in the ant script to build from source, FLEX_HOME is assigned the value of ROYAL_HOME, the script does not fail when executing the value of ROYAL_HOME, but the script fails evaluating the value of FLEX_HOME

to use the binary version of the JS/SWF I tried to run the script InstallAdobeSDKs.xml, if fails to see the AdobeAIRSDK.zip even though it was in the Downloads directory. In case my eye lids were getting droopy I went so far as to copy the name of the file in the directory and do a search on the xml file.

FYI previously I have downloaded the JS only version and I've had no issues with Moonshine

From: Mandeep Sarma <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 7:54 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

[...]

Image removed by sender.

Re: installing royale 0.9.2 sdk

Alex Harui-2

Hi Mandeep,

Let’s focus on InstallAdobeSDKs.xml for now.  The console output should have included where the script was trying to find the download.  On Windows, the script will use the environment variables HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH.  What are they set to, and what is the full path to your Downloads folder?

From: Mandeep Sarma <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 7:54 AM
To: "
[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

[...]

HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Users\mandeeps
Downloads=D:\mandeeps\Downloads

FYI the script does find a match for playerglobal.swc, but NOT AdobeAIRSDK.zip

I don't think the script shows where it was trying to find the downloads other than the Downloads folder, I include the script's output.

From: Mandeep Sarma <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 7:54 AM
To: "
[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

[...]

Yes, you are right that the script fails before printing where it is looking.

Based on your environment variables, it is going to look in C:\Users\mandeeps\Downloads.  Could there be a playerglobal.swc in there?

I think you can run the script with:

ant -f InstallAdobeSDKs.xml -Ddownload.dir=D:\mandeeps\Downloads and see if that works.

From: Mandeep Sarma <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 7:37 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Downloads=D:\mandeeps\Downloads

FYI the script does find a match for playerglobal.swc, but NOT AdobeAIRSDK.zip

I don't think the script shows where it was trying to find the downloads other than the Downloads folder, I include the script's output.

cid:ii_jgehagvs0_162fa9fdc9c76daf
cid:ii_jgehb7mp1_162faa0646439f63
cid:ii_jgehc4nl2_162faa10c9150cda

From: Mandeep Sarma <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 9:44 AM

To: "
[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

From: Mandeep Sarma <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 7:54 AM
To: "
[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

[...]

ant -f InstallAdobeSDKs.xml -Ddownload.dir=D:\mandeeps\Downloads -> WORKS
what threw me off was the script was matching playerglobal.swc  in the Downloads directory,  but it failed to match AdobeAIRSDK.zip

Thanks for the help!

From: Mandeep Sarma <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 9:44 AM

To: "