missing mxmlc.jar

Tiaan
Hi,

I have managed to get Royale fully compiled with the helpful people on
this list. Or let me say, I can see no errors anymore when compiling and
all shows success.

However, when trying to run mxmlc I get a missing mxmlc.jar

[tiaan@nsdv64 royale-asjs]$ ./js/bin/mxmlc --help
Using Royale Compiler codebase: ./js/bin/../..
Using Royale SDK: ./js/bin/../..
Error: Unable to access jarfile ./js/bin/../lib/mxmlc.jar

Trying to find this file in any of compiler, typedefs or asjs yields
nothing though. Does anyone have some insights on this ?

NetSys International
Tel: +27 12 349-2056
Fax: +27 12 349-2757
http://www.netsys.aero

***UNCHECKED*** Re: missing mxmlc.jar

What steps did you use to compile Royale?  Did you use Maven or Ant?  If you used Maven, it does not set up for command-line, only for Maven.

    https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.netsys.aero&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C63447684606a4afae70008d6bcb2b6f4%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C1%7C636903873103346491&amp;sdata=LXD4ahdo%2BRGPJiTgq78ASRwsueeDopi%2BCOpkeEwNpI4%3D&amp;reserved=0

Re: missing mxmlc.jar

Hi Tiaan,

If you build Apache Royale by Maven and would like to use it in IDE you won't be able to cause Maven do not produce binary distribution. There is parameter which force Maven to do that, but results which you get allows you to in the best case code completion works, but not build of your app.

You have following option here:
1) You can prepare for your application pom.xml file which builds your app
2) Build Royale framework using ant which is able to produce binary distribution for IDE

Why actually you are trying to build framework? Are you going to fix something?

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019, 4:15 PM Tiaan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have managed to get Royale fully compiled with the helpful people on
this list. Or let me say, I can see no errors anymore when compiling and
all shows success.

However, when trying to run mxmlc I get a missing mxmlc.jar

[tiaan@nsdv64 royale-asjs]$ ./js/bin/mxmlc --help
Using Royale Compiler codebase: ./js/bin/../..
Using Royale SDK: ./js/bin/../..
Error: Unable to access jarfile ./js/bin/../lib/mxmlc.jar

Trying to find this file in any of compiler, typedefs or asjs yields
nothing though. Does anyone have some insights on this ?

NetSys International
Tel: +27 12 349-2056
Fax: +27 12 349-2757
http://www.netsys.aero

Re: missing mxmlc.jar

Tiaan

No, I want to run mxmlc from GNU make but when running from shell prompt it complains as below. When I search for the missing jar it is nowhere to be found in royale when I'm done building it.

I've learnt however from other respondents that the way I built it is useful only when maven is used and I need to rebuild with ant; then the missing jar would hopefully appear.

Thanks

[...]

Fax: +27 12 349-2757
http://www.netsys.aero

Re: missing mxmlc.jar

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Tiaan,

What I and other use to do in Mac and Windows is to have a script (I can share it with you for Mac if you want since it should be easily converted to linux by you). This script build with maven the 3 repos and then create a fresh valid Royale SDK for use in IDEs. Then we point our IDEs to that daily sdk and build with maven our project then run on a browser.

El jue., 11 abr. 2019 a las 12:23, Tiaan (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

Hi Carlos,

[...]

hiedra

Hi, I can't compile ...

I think I have followed the steps of the Build-Apache-Royale-with-Maven article well, but I have no experience ... I would not know if I have done everything right , but I do not compile:

At the end...

The BAT that I have assembled (a copy of the BAT that we currently use with the ANT / MAVEN compilation):

First I tried without downloading, but I got the same result.

How many things am I doing wrong? 😝

Can you guide me?

Thank you.

Hiedra

Re: missing mxmlc.jar

De Carli Gustavo
Hello Hiedra

Try, with  -Drat.skip=true in maven options ?

El jue., 23 ene. 2020 a las 21:32, Maria Jose Esteve (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

Hi, I can't compile ...

I think I have followed the steps of the Build-Apache-Royale-with-Maven article well, but I have no experience ... I would not know if I have done everything right , but I do not compile:

At the end...

The BAT that I have assembled (a copy of the BAT that we currently use with the ANT / MAVEN compilation):

First I tried without downloading, but I got the same result.

How many things am I doing wrong? 😝

Can you guide me?

Thank you.

Hiedra

RE: missing mxmlc.jar

hiedra

Hi Gustavo,

First of all, excuse me, I got confused when reading Carlos' email, this message should have put him in: “Re: Maven Distribution SDK fixed and working for IDEs”

In the environment variable, not in the bat, nor is there any other place to specify it?

Hiedra

Try, with  -Drat.skip=true in maven options ?

El jue., 23 ene. 2020 a las 21:32, Maria Jose Esteve (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

Hi, I can't compile ...

I think I have followed the steps of the Build-Apache-Royale-with-Maven article well, but I have no experience ... I would not know if I have done everything right , but I do not compile:

cid:image001.png@01D5D264.91BCCDD0

cid:image002.png@01D5D264.91BCCDD0

At the end...

cid:image003.png@01D5D264.91BCCDD0

The BAT that I have assembled (a copy of the BAT that we currently use with the ANT / MAVEN compilation):

cid:image004.png@01D5D264.91BCCDD0

First I tried without downloading, but I got the same result.

How many things am I doing wrong? 😝

Can you guide me?

Thank you.

Hiedra

Re: missing mxmlc.jar

Alex Harui-2

Looks like there is an installcompiler.txt file that is unexpected.  Try moving it somewhere else before building again.

RE: missing mxmlc.jar

hiedra

Yes, there are two.

I remove them and compile again.

Thank you.

Looks like there is an installcompiler.txt file that is unexpected.  Try moving it somewhere else before building again.

RE: missing mxmlc.jar

hiedra

Almost!!!

I have deleted both the file with that name and the rat.txt

The Compiler, has compiled me well, but the TypeDefs, has not.

[INFO] Enabled default license matchers.

[INFO] Will parse SCM ignores for exclusions...

[INFO] Parsing exclusions from H:\DESARROLLO\WPNetSuitePlus\Proyectos\Royale-git\royale-typedefs\.gitignore

[INFO] Finished adding exclusions from SCM ignore files.

[INFO] 97 implicit excludes (use -debug for more details).

[INFO] 3 explicit excludes (use -debug for more details).

[INFO] 21 resources included (use -debug for more details)

[INFO] Rat check: Summary over all files. Unapproved: 1, unknown: 1, generated: 0, approved: 15 licenses.

[INFO] Reactor Summary for Apache Royale: TypeDefs: Parent 0.9.7-SNAPSHOT:

[INFO]

[INFO] Apache Royale: TypeDefs: Parent .................... FAILURE [  1.353 s]

[INFO] Apache Royale: TypeDefs: JS ........................ SKIPPED

[INFO] Apache Royale: TypeDefs: Cordova ................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Apache Royale: TypeDefs: CreateJS .................. SKIPPED

[INFO] Apache Royale: TypeDefs: GCL ....................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Apache Royale: TypeDefs: GoogleMaps ................ SKIPPED

[INFO] Apache Royale: TypeDefs: Jasmine ................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Apache Royale: TypeDefs: JQuery .................... SKIPPED

[INFO] Apache Royale: TypeDefs: Node ...................... SKIPPED

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[INFO] Total time:  2.409 s

[INFO] Finished at: 2020-01-24T03:36:38+01:00

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.13:check (license-check) on project royale-typedefs-parent: Too many files with unapproved license: 1 See RAT report in: H:\DESARROLLO\WPNetSuitePlus\Proyectos\Royale-git\royale-typedefs\target\rat.txt -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

Found "H:\DESARROLLO\WPNetSuitePlus\Proyectos\Royale-git\royale-asjs\.mvn\wrapper\maven-wrapper.jar"

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Xmx1024m

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.gmaven:groovy-maven-plugin:2.1.1:execute (prerequisite-check) on project royale-framework-parent: Execution prerequisite-check of goal org.codehaus.gmaven:groovy-maven-plugin:2.1.1:execute failed: Not all conditions met, see log for details. -> [Help 1]

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginExecutionException

Looks like there is an installcompiler.txt file that is unexpected.  Try moving it somewhere else before building again.

Re: missing mxmlc.jar

Alex Harui-2

I have not paid attention to the recent Maven changes.  I don’t know if maven_wrapper is supposed to be there or not.  You could try adding maven_wrapper.jar to the rat exclusions in the pom.xml.

Looks like there is an installcompiler.txt file that is unexpected.  Try moving it somewhere else before building again.

Re: missing mxmlc.jar

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi Maria Jose,

You have some file in your distribution that is stale and must be deleted to build without problem. Check the rat.txt file to see what's the file to remove: