mx:RemoteObject

dslotemaker
Hi All,

I am trying the RemoteObject example. I only have the JS version of the SDK installed, and I am getting:

<mx:RemoteObject "Tag is unexpected"

and "Definition not found" for:

import mx.rpc.AsyncToken;
import mx.rpc.Responder;
import mx.rpc.events.FaultEvent;
import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;

I have "xmlns:mx="library://ns.apache.org/royale/mx" declared in the Application tag.

Is the reason it wont compile because I need the Flex version of the SDK?? I am trying to connect to a BlazeDS backend,

Cheers,

David

Re: mx:RemoteObject

Piotr Zarzycki
Hi David,

What version of SDK are you using ?

pt., 5 lut 2021 o 17:14 David Slotemaker de Bruine <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
Hi All,

I am trying the RemoteObject example. I only have the JS version of the SDK installed, and I am getting:

<mx:RemoteObject "Tag is unexpected"

and "Definition not found" for:

import mx.rpc.AsyncToken;
import mx.rpc.Responder;
import mx.rpc.events.FaultEvent;
import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;

I have "xmlns:mx="library://ns.apache.org/royale/mx" declared in the Application tag.

Is the reason it wont compile because I need the Flex version of the SDK?? I am trying to connect to a BlazeDS backend,

Cheers,

David

Re: mx:RemoteObject

Piotr Zarzycki
And example which you are running is inside downloaded folder of 0.9.7 ?

Can you try Nightly build ? You can easly download it trough the Moonshine SDK Installer and try example which comes with that ?

pt., 5 lut 2021 o 17:22 David Slotemaker de Bruine <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
[...]

Thanks Piotr,

I see where I am going wrong, I was using an example of the web which uses mx:tags, but the one in the examples folder of the SDK uses js:tags. I assumed (wrongly I guess) that the two SDKs where the same except that the JS version only compiled to JS. I see this is not the case.

As I am working with Flex 3 code and a BlazeDS backend is there any advantage/disadvantage with working with the different SDK versions? Which one would you suggest for me (I only want to output JS  HTML apps).

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 at 17:24, Piotr Zarzycki <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

David Slotemaker de Bruïne
Head of Educational Robotics

Av. Sarriá, 130 - 08017 Barcelona

T. +34 932 523 729 ext. 135

Re: mx:RemoteObject

Carlos Rovira-2
Hi David,

0.9.7 is too old. As Piotr says, is highly recommended to use a nightly build until we release 0.9.8 at least. Many things where changed and fixed since 0.9.7, so going that way you'll find that next SDK released will break for sure your app.

About MX namespace: xmlns:mx="library://ns.apache.org/royale/mx"
If it doesn't work is because MXRoyale is not used in you config. For example royale standard projects doesn't have MXRoyale by default and you need to add depending on how you'r building (Maven, ANT, SDK, IDE,...)

About MX example please check this one:

always start with a simple call to the back requesting a string, avoid trying complex calls until you get the first one done.

Again please, search the dev and user list for many important clues to make AMF work since we solve it for many others that came before you and most of the time are the same problems that need to be known in order to succeed.

If you still have problems, then feel free to continue asking for help.

Best

El vie, 5 feb 2021 a las 17:47, Piotr Zarzycki (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

Apache Member & Apache Royale PMC
Apache Software Foundation