selectionChange of MX ADG is not implemented

selectionChange of MX ADG is not implemented

I migrated to AdvancedDataGrid. Need  selectionChange event to change the content of panel according to the selected line on grid.

But I am getting exception for the selectionChange handler does not exist.

Should I create a GH issue ?

Thanks,
Serkan

Re: selectionChange of MX ADG is not implemented

Alex Harui-2

We discussed this on March 1.  I wrote: “Pretty sure Spark DG “selectionChange” is just “change” for MX ADG”.

Is that not the case?  I have to stop work for tonight.  I will check for your reply tomorrow.

-Alex

Re: selectionChange of MX ADG is not implemented

Serkan Taş
Confirm !

It is working for "change" Alex thanks.

I have another question. MX ADG load time is around 6-7 secs. Even it has only two lines on grid for the test case.

Lines of logs at console as below :

For the real application takes more around 12 secs  and at last I get exception below :

I am trying trying to discover the reason and some help may be needed.

Thanks,
Serkan

12.03.2020 09:35 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:

We discussed this on March 1.  I wrote: “Pretty sure Spark DG “selectionChange” is just “change” for MX ADG”.

Is that not the case?  I have to stop work for tonight.  I will check for your reply tomorrow.

-Alex

Re: selectionChange of MX ADG is not implemented

Alex Harui-2

Try commenting out all of the custom item renderers.  That will tell you if the custom renderers are the culprit.  I don’t know what your production renderers look like, but the ones in the test case looked potentially heavy.

What is the load time in your Flex app?

-Alex

Re: selectionChange of MX ADG is not implemented

Serkan Taş
It is hard to determine Alex.

For flex, the grid is populated through a rest service and it takes 3 sec to load the grid data of six lines including the rest service call. But the flex app is fully loaded by default.

with one column custom renderer with 6 columns it gets around 7 secs to fully load and display for the test case.

I commented out the custom renderer and it gets around 5.5 secs.

Needs more investigation. I am going to work on try to discover how to measure and improve performance if necessary.

Thanks,
Serkan

13.03.2020 07:53 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:

Try commenting out all of the custom item renderers.  That will tell you if the custom renderers are the culprit.  I don’t know what your production renderers look like, but the ones in the test case looked potentially heavy.

What is the load time in your Flex app?

Re: selectionChange of MX ADG is not implemented

Alex Harui-2

One way we created tests was to add a couple of buttons to the app.  You make a copy of the result handler and comment out code in the original that sets the data provider.  The first button makes the server call.  The other runs the code that sets the data provider.

Re: selectionChange of MX ADG is not implemented

Serkan Taş
It takes around 16 secs to finalize the view display.

According to network view, 2.30 secs of the time consumed is the "rest call" duration.

it takes nearly 14 secs to prepare the view

13.03.2020 20:59 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:

One way we created tests was to add a couple of buttons to the app.  You make a copy of the result handler and comment out code in the original that sets the data provider.  The first button makes the server call.  The other runs the code that sets the data provider.

Re: selectionChange of MX ADG is not implemented

Alex Harui-2

Can you summarize the comparison between Flex and Royale?  I think you are saying the Flex app takes 7 seconds and the Royale takes 14 or 16?

-Alex

Re: selectionChange of MX ADG is not implemented

I checked by putting traces to flex and can say that it is around 3 secs.

For royale i realized that the most time consuming part is the browser logging not related with royale.

After closing the browser console it gets around 5-6 secs which is acceptable.

Thanks,
Serkan

14.03.2020 19:48 tarihinde Alex Harui yazdı:

Can you summarize the comparison between Flex and Royale?  I think you are saying the Flex app takes 7 seconds and the Royale takes 14 or 16?

-Alex

Re: selectionChange of MX ADG is not implemented

Alex Harui-2

I pushed some changes that optimized for fewer ADG layout passes.  See if it helps bring that 5-6 seconds down to 3-ish.

-Alex